JK Haru wa Isekai de Shoufu ni natta - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

i'm not going to judge people for only being capable of enjoying stories with good, wholesome people as main characters

but i just want to say that if you're able to enjoy stories with heavily flawed, sometimes even abhorrent main characters, you'll be able to broaden your scope in terms of narrative variety and i think it's a real shame that people are not able to experience that

not to say jk haru itself is a good story, on the contrary...

Dex-chan lover
@Calihan
yeah she knew about her powers for a long time, she had a few talks with "God"
She switched places BECAUSE OF what happened to her, the other girl didn't want/ask her to do it
Her power isn't stealing, but copying. And yeah, not just Chiba's powers.

Double-page supporter
finally a good female character that doesn't fall in love with some weird otaku just because he is overpowered

@plsnobully
So her power is like re:monster, but instead of killing and eating it's having sex with and then gaining powers? And she was able to converse with the god a few times? How??? She's only staying at the brothel so she can gain even more effin powers? Sounds like a wish fulfillment for girls to me. Some initial hardship and then BAM mega super OP. I'm assuming she kills the soldiers then? Or what was she doing there for 2 days? Again another situation designed so the males can be beat down. They're setup as the bad guys, commit heinous acts so righteous retribution can be reigned down upon them.....

Thanks for answering BTW, appreciate it.

Dex-chan lover
@Calihan
haven't read it but yeah
God appears later on (we don't see that until after her powers are revealed) and says he forgot about her, and then gives her that power. The latter times it was just him messing around with her iirc.
Yeah she's mega super OP but she hides it for the longest time until that incident, it's not revealed even once until then. She kills all the soldiers by herself.
She didn't fight back during those two days as it's her "job" and yeah the setting is one where women don't have any kind of power unless you're a light magician (healer if I'm not wrong)
And np, I forgot the specifics since it's been over half a year since I read it, hopefully there weren't any inconsistencies in what I've said

Dex-chan lover
@HalAnime

Probably the cringy description copied from J-Novel's description of LN + prostitution as premise.

a new genre indeed, but not as dark as I imagined. or yet?

Edit: is there any translation for the LN?

Dex-chan lover
After a bunch of retarded isekai I've checked out and forgotten, this seems pretty weird enough to keep me hooked for the next chapter, until it runs aground like the usual isekai series.Also,the art is nice.

@Calihan

Can anyone recommend a GOOD isekai where the male MC is competent? And doesn't get everything handed to him?

I don't really read novels, but for mangas...hmm....

Drifters? (Not a traditional isekai, but he still does get transported from our world to a fantasy world)

The Ride-on King? (He was already OP in our world using martial arts)

Karate Baka Isekai (karate guy refuses cheats and decides to rely on his karate, not much chapters translated though)

GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (also not a traditional isekai)

Saihate no Paladin (gets his skills from being trained/taught by his foster parents)

There are other ones I can think of, but they're not action-oriented, traditional isekais or even isekais (meaning fantasy world, but MC was born there)

@Someguy Thanks for replying.

Haven't tried the Ride-on King yet, will give it a shot. From the cover though it looks like he'll have younger girls as travelling companions. That's just annoying and or frustrating on it's own.

Karate baka isekai, already read those 2 chapters. Seems good, but the guy seems more like a muscle bound technique idiot. He accepts no cheat-like power from the goddess. He doesn't have to use it, but at least take something.

GATE, read what was available in the past. Been a long while. Don't remember why I dropped it or stopped reading. Maybe it was because he doesn't seem to care to gain any power and just does what his mission is. Maybe it was something else.

Saihate no paladin, read that one as well. It's fairly legit.

Drifters, def read the manga in the past. The art style looks familiar. I think it was hard to follow. Also been a long time. Don't know if I liked it or not. Will give it another try.

Some good recommendations, I appreciate it. Too many things trigger me, maybe what I want doesn't exist.

@necromach

Following an untimely and embarrassing death, Kazuma Satō, a Japanese teenager shut-in NEET, meets a goddess named Aqua, who offers to reincarnate him in a parallel world with MMORPG elements, where he can go on adventures and battle monsters. Despite being offered a superpowered item or ability to use in this new world, Kazuma, following some provocation, chooses Aqua herself to accompany him to the town of Axel, quickly finding her absent-mindedness to be less than beneficial.LN 1.P With Aqua unable to return to the afterlife until the Devil King is defeated, the two form a party and recruit two other members; an explosion-obsessed magician named Megumin and a masochistic crusader named Darkness.LN 1.2.4 Due to the party's dysfunctional abilities, Kazuma quickly gives up on the idea of defeating the Devil King and tries to live a luxurious lifestyle, only to find the circumstances of his daily life are forcing him and his party to encounter and battle the Devil King's generals.

Am looking for a serious character. This dude is def a comedy guy. I should have elaborated more. Why take the goddess with him? You yourself can always make your own decisions, but having to rely on someone else is already dangerous because if they don't help you then your SOL.

And I read re:zero when it first came out but not much was translated. Then much later the anime was out so I watched that. It was pretty good imo. But I was super frustrated at him for accepting that maid after she kills him repeatedly. The one with the blue hair maybe? She was a maid? It's been awhile. Doesn't he get killed repeatedly after coming back to the mansion (or wherever it was) without knowing why? And then it turns out that it was her and she wanted to protect the other girl, the princess? I could be misremembering.

Thanks for the replies, don't mean to crap on them when you two took your time to reply.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, defying all my expectations, this looks quite promising.

NOTICE !!!

how author treats the two MCs like actual people for a change, this already sets this miles ahead of 90% other isekai out there
I just hope he sets the guy (and eventually the girl) up for a redemption kinda thing or some character grow since, yeah, hes kinda gross now but the story seems to aknowledge it so thats good.

@Calihan

There's not a whole lot of isekai where the MC is competent but not spoiled with cheats. I forgot to mention The Wolf Won't Sleep, but unlike a traditional isekai, the MC is a guy from a fantasy world going to another similar fantasy world. Wasn't sure if I should suggest The Wrong Way To Use Healing Magic (MC gets his power from training, but sounds like he'll be OP).

For non-isekai fantasy, I would suggest Bard Loen, Retired Heroes, Kuitsume Youhei no Gensou Kitan, and Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha. For non-isekai historical medieval, maybe Hawkwood and Issak.

Why take the goddess with him? You yourself can always make your own decisions, but having to rely on someone else is already dangerous because if they don't help you then your SOL.

I'm not the other guy, but...the reason he took the goddess with him was because she made fun of him and it was out of spite. It seems like he understood that he was giving up cheat skills for his decision. He also doesn't rely on her and mostly uses skills he picks up later on, his wits and his luck. But yeah, you're right. It's more comedy than traditional action isekai.

Fed-Kun's army
@Calihan it's macabre how many isekais i have read without really being able to recommend any. Release That Witch is a big one (a "let's build a kingdom with modern knowledge" story where the author actually delivers the premise, more so in the novel than in the manhua), but it's 1500 daily chapters long and the last few hundred are a lot worse than the first few.

Users who are viewing this thread