JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7 - Steel Ball Run (Official Colored) - Vol. 10 Ch. 42 - A Silent Way Part 3

Dex-chan lover
Man, so much history rewritten here. A tragic Joestar backstory, but one that ends with a depressed JoJo. A pet Danny, but one that lives. A father, but not a sacrificing one. A brother, but not Dio. A tragedy in the family, but it's his brother, not his father. A proud Zeppelli. Echoes of the past.

Jem

Just now hitting me how this really parallels Phantom Blood
Very interesting

Dex-chan lover
you know, i started noticing how Johnny NEVER smiles. i think there might have been like only a few instances where he smiled and that was it. Gyro smiles a ton but Johnny almost always has a straight face

poor Johnny...i love Johnny so much as a character, he has so much depth- probably more than any previous JoJos. but wait so he's met Dio before? they already knew each other from the start? it didn't seem like it in beginning chapters

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad Nicholas didn't turn out to be some asshole brother, but a really caring brother who wanted to travel the world with his bro (;~;). I wonder if Nicholas was still alive and had a stand if it would be something like The World, or some time related stand since it's implied he's always on the dot.

This is definitely still one of my favorite chapters. I loved seeing more insight on Johnny’s character and the parallels to Phantom blood are just so cool.

Double-page supporter
"God, you took the wrong son" Johnny's father is a certified dickhead. I feel so bad for Johnny...

Dex-chan lover
There rotations will one day distort the space time continuum itself.
Diego has truly done something great again.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh he's actually Jonathan!! I love the parallels with Phantom Blood and Johnny I think has the most fleshed out character out of all the jojos

johnny’s dad was verbally/emotionally abusive, and his brother died by mistake of Johnny, while Johnathan’s dad was loving but his brother ruined his life and died. It’s a pretty deep parallel. This chapter was beautifully written and I think Johnny has a character has changed for me.

Fed-Kun's army
New Danny nearly died the opposite of OG Danny, drowned by Jojo instead of burnt by Dio

Fed-Kun's army
god fucking damn, I forgot just how tragic that scene was. I assume that Johnny was basically disowned after the spine injury, but it really seems like his dad didn't think of him as family as soon as Nicholas died. Its sad how everything in his life since his brother's death is so shallow, like his father (and probably his mother), never bothered to show him any care, and the people around him just used him. Like crap. It really puts into perspective how important everything in this race is to Johnny, and by that I mean the companionship and the passion that he has found in the race. It reminds me of what Johnny said in the beginning of the story; how he is finally found a 'purpose.' A little off topic, but I also LOVED that transition into the backstory. Just another one of my small favorite moments tbh

Users who are viewing this thread