JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 - JoJolion - Vol. 25 Ch. 100 - The Wonder of You (Your Miraculous Love) Part 17

Power Uploader
So... y isn't anybody talking about how Memezuku grasped Head Doctor that is inside stand? :V

Double-page supporter
@BitterJames okay? That's not what I'm talking about though? In earlier chapters it was stated that they cannot ever reproduce with humans, but in ch 99 it said that human males can reproduce with rock human females, but not vis versa.

Also, in earlier chapters it was said rock humans grow rapidly every 6 years, but Ch 99 they stay tiny in the wasp bike until they are 17 *then* they grow rapidly once.

Much better translation. I feel it was more expressive and captured intent better than the previous one. I'm sure its not an easy job.

also it seems like josuke's rock eye design has changed with this chapter, the rock part now goes over the eye, so that he can blink and stuff

Group Leader
@Bracketier i appreciate your explanation, i see now why the pages look sometimes unusually sharp.
it's still a shame that people assume that the raws you use are just regular raws and that dogpark is a worse translator because the raws he uses are "pixelated" when in fact it's the digital raws in the original form.
again, thank you for your comment.

Group Leader
@laiseran first of all, i would've appreciate if you mentioned that the earlier chapter was Love Love Deluxe part 4 where you got the explanation.

second of all, i reread the info pages from LLD part 4 and from chapter 99.

the chapter 99 is the legit one because its presented from a narrative stand-point, the same way the Wall Eyes were described the first time.
the info pages of LLD part 4 just sounds like some research study that someone from Morioh did (the "Probably" and "For some reason" doesn't make the info sound too credible).

what's odd is that the UJ release of that chapter doesn't have that line about Rock Humans not being able biologically to reproduce with Humans.
It only got added in the volume version.
I don't know why.

Group Leader
@BitterJames I don't think Dogpark deserves criticism for the image quality of his releases. that's just fine. But that has nothing to do with translation.

I do think it is valid to criticize the editing. The lettering leaves a lot to be desired. There is a severe lack of font variety. There are several different fonts used in the Japanese text, and the Dogpark version does not reflect that. In fact, it introduces font variety in places where there is none, like when Rai is talking at the end. He is speaking using the normal dialogue font in Japanese. None of this is related to translation. It's about editing.

The translation should be criticized for the complete lack of sound effect translations, especially for sound effects within bubbles. That is an issue. Those are meant to be legible to readers, and leaving them untranslated doesn't provide a full translation. It's incomplete. Plain and simple. You don't need to know Japanese to know that a translation is incomplete. It sure is easy to get a chapter out quickly when you ignore half of the text.

yo, why is Dogpark getting shit? Dialogue-wise, they're better imo. Sure, I'm all for a purist approach to translating the Japanese text as is. That way, as much as possible from the original script gets carried over but at the expense of choppy, dry dialogue. It kills tense moments for me.

Users who are viewing this thread