JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 - JoJolion - Vol. 25 Ch. 99 - The Wonder of You (Your Miraculous Love) Part 16

WHY DID THEY SHOW ERMES AND ENYA WHEN TALKING ABOUT ROCK HUMANS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fed-Kun's army
@Erroratu: what are you talking about? she fucking disappeared from the family photo she was originally in, her plot thread about infiltrating the higashikata family never went anywhere (Kinda like Norisuke original shadyness wanting to get rid of Josuke).
Unless its later explained (my theory is that Kaato stand erases whatever is between her cards from reality and memory completely and she caught her snooping) then it is very much removed from the series.
I dont even meme "Araki forgot" as I know most of the time its people forgetting details and only very few are Araki changing his mind, but so far it does seem like its abandoned plot, which this part has in spades. No other part comes close.

@gianny12061

hua? the arrows and the stone mask are powers that belong to the rock human? that's not true. the arrows and mask were solely brought up as comparison to the devils palm/wall eyes, they are all examples of super natural things that grant abilities. the stone mask/arrows are from a completely different universe. the stone mask was made by kars(most likely from pillar men bones) and the arrow are made from a meteorite from space that had a super natural virus in it. rock humans as we know them, don't exist in the OG universe. rock humans are the alternate versions of pillar men.

@Disrupted so many retcons? the only retcon i see is the info about humans and rock humans not being able to make babies. it's now changed to only human males can make a baby with a rock women, not the other way around. and dropped plot points? but the story isn't over yet.

@leftman111
ur right, i realise that i said that they belong to rock humans but then i said right after that is was only used as a parallel. I shouldve reread what i wrote.

I still feel the point still stands that when humans take things that dont belong to them like the pillar men mask and the alien meteorite for the creation of the arrows, bad stuff happens.
Just like when humans mess with devils palm and walleyes it leads to conflicts.

@dammitbobby69 no... what are you talking about? the arrow and the mask were merely brought up as comparison to the devils palm/wall eyes and that they both are super natural things that grant abilities. this isn't a completely different universe. rock humans are literally just the alternate version of pillar men.

Double-page supporter
Holy shit this chapter was a ride. Does this mean to imply that the lady we saw in the flashback ages ago retrieving the corpse after Johnny's death was indeed Lucy Steel? I kind of thought so at the time, but the design was vague enough that I wasn't sure, but it seems pretty specifically placed here. I'm also wondering if those panels of Enya and Hermes were reused, since they seem to be close to their original art styles. Also wondering if there's any meaning to them being the only two in-universe characters being shown when talking about female rock humans. Honestly in Enya's case it wouldn't surprise me.
I now also think the pillarmen were actually just some form of rock humans (and not just in the "original universe counterpart sense"), considering they don't seem to age, could invade people's bodies, and in Santanas case could turn into living stone seemingly at will.
Also the rock insects are literally just this universes version of Green Day.

Double-page supporter
@GetCucked if you mean the lady next to Lucy on the "Ground of Morioh" frame then no, its a secret agent which i think we've seen before? She works for the U.S. but also her outfit and sunglasses would be a bit out there. But it totes could be! I just doubt it

@Snuffsaid I think it is Lucy for a few reasons:
1. It'd make sense due to the time period, the fact that she would know about the corpse, and probably Johnny's general location
2. They definitely look a lot alike and are placed in panels right next to each other
3. Probably the most convincing part: if you notice, when the narrator is talking, the "speech text" is in text boxes, which is what normally denotes the narrator. But when the speech text is next to Lucy and the Speedwagon agent, they are in the shape of actual speech bubbles. Meaning that at least one of them is talking. And if Lucy is indeed the agent, it would make sense considering that there are flashback scenes from SBR right before that panel with the agent is shown. She could be recalling the SBR events and connecting them to what happened in Morioh with the corpse.

That being said, it's still not clear to me what the significance of this scene was, even if it is her. Hopefully, that gets cleared up in a future chapter.

Tfw its another chapter that raises even more questions

FrPHko8.png

Users who are viewing this thread