JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 - JoJolion

I really need to re-read this, I've lost a big part of the plot reading this monthly for almost 2 years now. Even people babyraging at the newest chapters are accusing details that were foreshadowed/set up years ago as "plotholes" like bubbles being lines.

Dex-chan lover
@ThatOneGuyOnABusReading I wouldn't recommend a newcomer to Phantom Blood, I would recommend them to start from battle tendency instead, Phantom Blood IMO is very different compare to the rest of the JoJo series

@MRain Well, while Phantom Blood and the rest of JoJo are starkly different, Phantom blood also starts off the series and provide a bit of explanation as to why Battle tendency happens, not to mention it explains why Dio is there, if Phantom Blood didn't exist we wouldn't really have JoJo, we wouldn't have Battle tendency, therefore Stardust crusaders and so on, until Steel Ball run which is a universe of its own.

Dex-chan lover
@ThatOneGuyOnABusReading Although I do agree that Phantom blood basically give context to the later part but IMO introducing newcomer to Phantom Blood is questionable since after phantom blood the series took a huge turn in the story department, especially the MC and the Villain dynamic

wtf? Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency are very tightly linked.

it's after Battle Tendency that the series changes. and especially after Stardust Crusaders. as after that point Hamon is completely gone as well as the threat of vampires and the original vampire Dio.

@MRain i can understand your point, but stories like jojo, whatever they are, are read from the beginning.
phantom blood may be boring, or heavy to some people, but it's the beginning of jojo. all the parts are connected to it somehow, especially battle tendency!
if i watched part 2 first, a lot of things wouldn't have made any sense, starting by the characters and ending by the skills. what about erina, speedwagon and straizo? they are characters from phantom blood! even lisa lisa, she's the baby that erina rescued! the stone mask? hamon? all the things in battle tendency are somehow connected to phantom blood, and it's the same for the rest of parts. phantom blood doesn't go first for nothing.
@soyblast makes a good point. it's after battle tendency that the series got a big series of changes. stands are introduced, by example.
also, if i really really really wanna start watching/reading jojo, it costs me nothing to start from the beginning.

i hope that tooru is not the main villain (if there is going to be one) and jojolion it's not ending soon.
there is still so much things to be explained and characters that haven't appeared for a really long time. it would be disappointing if it ends soon.
we got kei back, i'm hoping to see kaato again. she was very interesting and had a lot of potential to be a great villain!

Do we know when the next chapters/volumes are coming out? If we don't know then how long does it usually take? I'm just a bit impatient...

@MRain is right

not saying you should just straight up skip PB because you shouldnt as its the beginning of JoJo, im just trying to say part 1 isnt extremely crucial to the plot and sequence of events as its only 9 episodes long and doesnt provide us with adequate insight on the rest of JoJo. its referenced probably like 4 times throughout 2-6. go watch it anyway, provides a liiiiiitle bit more insight on the zeppelis and dio for your enjoyment and you'll overall have a better experience knowing the starting point for all of it! at this point you can basically just call part 1 a backstory

P.S: watching JoJo through mother's basement's order is blasphemy and fans who do that should be appalled /j

Users who are viewing this thread