Joou-sama no Eshi

Even as a very big fan of yuri, I have to say this manga was really bad. I did like blue haired lass though, at least when the author wasn't being completely inconsistent with her personality. I wouldn't mind reading a non-garbage yuri manga with her as one of the main lasses.

Even as a very big fan of yuri, I have to say this manga was really bad.
Given the average ratings that GL manga have here, that means literally nothing. Fetishist standards can't really be considered any sort of "standards" - bet you're here only because it's been tagged as shoujo ai.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this manga really felt like the author just doing whatever she felt like doing. Pretty random and inconsistent.

I have never before read a manga that started so terrible, then became so good.
It was not my preferred ending, but i greatly enjoyed especially the last few chapters before it.

Aggregator gang
I don't understand why people are so upset that it's Yuri. The kid that draws manga is just the friend of the group and I rarely see stories that do something such as the kid not be the center of attention.

Dex-chan lover
Remember how this manga used to be about a male student MC that sucked at drawing manga but wanted to become a mangaka?
...Yeah, the mangaka didn't and it shows. This shitshow went off the rails and somehow ended up continuing off the tracks. I would love to see what happened between Watashiya Kaworu and his editor(s) and who was throwing darts at plot ideas.

I have never seen a manga so quickly and utterly forget and abandon its entire starting premise and head off into completely random plotlines before actually doing anything with the original story.

There was a dude (I think) that wrote pretty spot on review on what this title is about. So for all people that think words like "mc" apply here, I would recommend to read it. Link should be somewhere within this comment thread.

Not that this manga is that great, but seeing insecure adolescent alpha-kuns and annoying yurifags raging over the minuscule"romance" part is just ugh. That you can't live out your stupid eros fantasies doesn't amount to a narrative flaw in itself wankers.

So in the end the so called mc is left with no harem but only his hand , the other chick who was supposed to be his love stole his childhood friend and his childhood friend sleeps with other chicks but slightly also dig the mc ? Wtf ?
These is the summary pretty much read at your own risk idk if ntr or just plain bs

Power Uploader
@Miyamurakun

Only if one assume that Huzimaki is the "m.c."; there are four main characters, two thereof end up together.

Why would Huzimaki be more of a main character than any of the other three except for? "It's a teenage male, so let us assume this automatically makes the character the m.c."

Huzimaki was barely even interested in Nagase; a large part of the story focused on Yukimori trying to court Nagase. Huzimaki's goal was to become a comic book artist, not to end up with Nagase, but sure; it's a crime against storytelling apparently to have a teenage male character not end up with a love interest at the end of the story.

Reader self-insert is the worst.

Aggregator gang
@Miyamurakun: It's "BS" in a way. The MC never had the girl stolen from her (so it can't be considered NTR in that case), she just realized she was bi and they decided to try dating each other (among other things, boom chika wow wow). Instead, the guy saw this as potential creativity content and went to town on that. The other girl is still clearly in love with the MC, so it's a safe bet that at some point she's going to go back to him, even though she's attracted to the lesbian. In a lot of ways, this is actually pretty open-ended and I can see some doujinshi artists either having her stay with the girl, go back to the MC, or she shares them both as an "ending."

Seems like many people wanted the bland male character to end up with the girl. Gotta say it's amusing to see people who are butthurt about the ending.

Power Uploader
@Oboro self-inserters gonna self-insert into whatever character matches their demographic the most, it seems.

Surely Yokimori was a much more interesting character to self-insert into if one be into that kind of thing.

The comments in this section highlight well why it seems that every other series must sooner or later feature a harem, and why so many series exist that have a cast of one completely average looking male and 19 pretty females, that all have about zero own development outside of their relationship with the central male. I praise the author that has the balls to step away from this.

>self-inserters gonna self-insert into whatever character matches their demographic the most, it seems.

Learn the lingo bud.

>The comments in this section highlight well why it seems that every other series must sooner or later feature a harem, and why so many series exist that have a cast of one completely average looking male and 19 pretty females, that all have about zero own development outside of their relationship with the central male

Yeah, yeah. Every romance is based on mix of wish fulfillment (like the idea of good disposition having greater value than competence, personality, assertiveness, compatible level of intelligence etc) and appeal to biological truths (hypergamy or sex specific reproductive strategies for example) scantily dressed in narratives and pretending to be stories. It applies to every genre and every fandom, some idiots are just louder than others (probably because of that surplus testosterone pumping through their bodies).

Dex-chan lover
really bad manga but the ending made reading it worth it

more dumb ecchi manga should end with the male MC being cucked by a lesbian. it's rightful vengeance for all the lesbian girls who gets cucked by a guy in yuri love triangle stories. god, absolutely fuck that shit. unless he's getting cucked, all straight guys should be erased from yuri manga

also seem to make weebs very angry as evident from the thread of the ending chapter, so it's pretty funny

Power Uploader
@Probably_wont_log_in_again

>Yeah, yeah. Every romance is based on mix of wish fulfillment (like the idea of good disposition having greater value than competence, personality, assertiveness, compatible level of intelligence etc) and appeal to biological truths (hypergamy or sex specific reproductive strategies for example) scantily dressed in narratives and pretending to be stories. It applies to every genre and every fandom, some idiots are just louder than others (probably because of that surplus testosterone pumping through their bodies).

Plenty of romance is quite dark sans any wish fulfillment.

@Lynkaster There is no "male m.c."; there are four main characters. Why does everyone insist that Huzimaki is the "main character"? Is this truly for no other reason that that he's a teenage male, and a loser at that, so therefore the most relatable to many of the audience?
If any character be the main one, a prīmus inter parēs, if one wil, it was definitely Yukimori, who also go the girl at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread