Joshikousei to Seishokusha-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Fed-Kun's army
Remember age of consent in japan is 13 (limited by relationship) meaning if the younger person agreed, sex is allowed between an older person

@Goukenslayer - True, but a relationship with a student is a teacher's taboo, so he will get in trouble if he were to have sexual relationships with a student and someone finds out, regardless if the student agreed to it. He would get fired, and pretty much banned from being a teacher in any other school.

Damn that hit in the feels a bit when she wished he was her brother/dad. They showed nips now, since the glasses girl they were teasing and now it's full on, is it like symbolism for opening up it can't be that deep right?

Dex-chan lover
@uchiha007
Remember age of consent in japan is 13 (limited by relationship) meaning if the younger person agreed, sex is allowed between an older person
This misinformation spawns from the old school laws in the Japanese penal code covering the old timey definition of rape in like, 1907.
Article 177 (Rape)
A person who, through assault or intimidation, forcibly commits sexual intercourse
with a female of not less than thirteen years of age commits the crime of rape and
shall be punished by imprisonment with work for a definite term of not less than 3
years. The same shall apply to a person who commits sexual intercourse with a
female under thirteen years of age.

It pretty much just says what sentencing you'd get for statutory rape back in the day. But the actual laws for this specific subject nowadays protect anyone under the age of 18 (article 34, section 6 of the child welfare act). An exception being 16 year old girls who have parental permission to get married
The male partner must be 18 years of age or older and the female partner must be 16 years of age or older.
A person who is under 20 years of age cannot get married in Japan without a parent's approval.
taken from a summary of articles 731-737 of the Japanese civil code.

TL;DR: The actual age of consent is 18, with allowances for 16 via marriage for women, which requires parental permission anyway so good like convincing some Japanese dad to let you marry his little girl. I'm sure they won't flat out refuse or anything.

(this is a copypasta by the way, I've corrected several people about this before on here and am frankly tired of this weird thing about "13" still spreading everywhere because the internet is just like "Wow look at how weird Japan is" with some out of context snippet getting warped. Also, as far as I know this is the equivalent of federal law for the country, while prefectures might have their own age of consent on the books too. Most of those are also 18, some might be 16? Haven't heard of any of those actually being any lower either, but there's a lot of prefectures and it's not like I'm actually an expert or anything).

Users who are viewing this thread