Journey To The West - Ch. 145

Dex-chan lover
Okay I got to ask. What is with these translations lately? They read like as if they're machine translated or rushed. I don't mind waiting if it makes the translations better.

Dex-chan lover
Okay I got to ask. What is with these translations lately? They read like as if they're machine translated or rushed. I don't mind waiting if it makes the translations better.
It is not gonna get better, people complained the last chapters about it (myself included), and the result was that it got even worse, i have been putting up with it for years, but this chapter is actual nonsense, some of the dialogue may as well just be made up

It is also not a problem of time since this is not really released on schedule

It is a matter of money, WCP used to do scanlation by commission, but with their site gone, their main incentive died with it

I am actually surprised with how they didn't dropped this series

Power Uploader
Right. I was confused when reading this. The translation used to be fine and suddenly, it's garbage and the raws come from some pirate site. They write on their group page that they buy the raws, but it seems to not be the case anymore.

I think that "Uns3rious" translator is someone who understands Chinese but doesn't know English very well. As for the proofreader, they seem to be AWOL, even though they're credited.

RIP.

Last edited:
Our response regarding the quality of JTTW and our plans to improve:

Edit: 3/22/24 - We brought on a new Proofreader for JTTW (who is considered pretty good). No other TLs have offered to pickup JTTW at this time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread