Jui-san no Oshigoto in Isekai - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - The Girls' Circumstances

Double-page supporter
I really hate romance in isekai mangas. It's completely useless. Like dude, you've been thrust in to an entirely different world, with MAGIC, and you now have the duty of protecting a country and you still have time to fall in love? The only thing worse than that is romance in apocalypse movies smh.

I wanna see the main character do cool shit not blush *im rolling my eyes right now*

nah man the romance is where it's at!
you're wanting more of a neet becomes op isekai whos afraid of women, there's a huge selection out there were the protag is the reader insert.

but this is different, he's an established functioning professional who was basically assigned a group of women to choose from day 1.
Lilu is more the reader insert character in this one, upset with this guy for not returning her advances.

Dex-chan lover
You do know what if magic existed in some different world, it would likely be where you couldn't use it (like Kazami thus far) and/or would require a huge amount of study and training that would likely take years, right? Could you imagine busting your ass learning magical theory, meditating and exercising for months and months and finally... able to snap your fingers and make a flame? Yeah, I have a 99 cent Bic lighter that can do that, too. Unless magic is something that useful and versatile and easily attainable for me, I don't know about you, but I'm going to lose any desire to pursue it immediately when just adapting my current knowledge would be more rewarding, useful and better utilization of time initially. Now if I'm a badass wizard from day 1, different story.

While I do admit you could easily be heavily saddled with work, you could also easily avoid it in most cases unless you were held against your will (even then...). But you're going to be stuck there for some time, most likely the rest of your life, and Kazami has already been there a month. Eventually you'll settle into a routine. After all, even leaders of countries still have time to fall in love and have romantic relationships. Honestly, all that god damn studying Kazami is doing would likely drive me up the walls and I feel bad he has to constantly do that shit to that degree when a lot of it is a questionable use of time (FFS, an earlier chapter even cited teaching him martial arts for some fucking reason).

Also, romance/relationships in apocalyptic movies is not a ridiculous concept. When faced with high stress environments and pushed mentally with life threatening situations, humans generally tend to have an increased desire to have sex, it's thought to be your body subconsciously trying to pass on your genes before you die. And it's demonstrable. With wars, natural disasters, ect. you can easily show an uptick in births right around when someone pregnant because of that would be giving birth around 9 months later.

Dex-chan lover
He has to say no or I would have to drop this....
Now to ghouls and rc cells now....

Dex-chan lover
@definitionofinsanity If you don't actually learn the theory behind magic you can make things like lighters and machines that produce energy as the basic premise of friction might be different here... thus you need to learn the unit or assume something as the unit to everything but you can't take the same unit as our own world as there isn't anything like magic here

Isekai protagonists put up with a lot.

"Hey, we summoned you here without your consent." "Cool, but I like running water and/or all of my friends and family, so maybe send me back ever?"

"It's going to take a month to send you back, so stay here until then." "Ok."

[More than a month later] "Hey, can you go to this city with the black-death-but-even-worse, wearing this explicitly gloveless outfit, where literally the first interaction you'll have is a sketchy guy running up to you and shacking your hand?" "Ok, but I get to like, cure the black death at some point, right?" "First, you're required to attend a dinner party and drink a whole bottle of wine."

"Now that you're drunk, this minor is going to aggressively hit on you, then when you shut her down she'll emotionally manipulate you." "That's cool, I'm the adult here so I can do that."

"Hope you enjoyed your 20 minutes of sleep, because now you're getting woken up by kick in the ribs!" "JFC WHY" "Well, because of my organization! We taught your retainer wrong, as a joke. So now I'm kicking you over it. Also, I'm the one that summoned you and it's been more than a month so I can clearly send you back but choose not to. Also, this is actually a whole commercial industry so we could've just sent somebody else to send you back but did not. Now that all that's out of the way, you are forbidden from sleeping tonight, so get ready to deal with that plague in the morning sleep-deprived and hungover!"

Dex-chan lover
@bekeleven rather than a bottle, seemed like he had to drink a whole case of wine, just to get that guy to stop trying to impress him, then another bottle with Kuroe. At that point, I think Lilu's screaming hurt him more than the kicks.

Oh thank god she'll stop with the attacks now? That's good. Though the "when you see me as a man".... I mean, it might not ever happen, it might happen in 2 months. Though it was pretty diplomatic; something both the summoner and the 15 yo (I forget everyone's names...) can accept, since apparently her age wasn't considered a good enough argument (why not just chalk it up as a culture difference though?).

@bekeleven Nice summary.. this is why, though I find isekai kinda fun to read, I'd never actually want to be isekai'd

Dex-chan lover
@hakunoyuuki The dude doesn't need to accept getting treated like that. He just accepts it because he's spineless. He's actually really high on the social hierarchy, but doesn't seem to realise it. An earl (equal to a count) is rather high nobility, yet the earl was personally welcoming the dude and offered him board and lodging. Kazami is that big of a shot. But he doesn't act like it and instead let's people treat him like dirt. He should have slapped that Liilu person on both cheeks until the stupid elf was silenced. She's the fricking person who summoned him without his permission, but is still acting so high and mighty in front of him. All because he has got no guts, or, in other words, all because he's a typical Japanese MC.

If you were summoned to another world, I doubt you would act like that, unless it was one of the nightmare worlds.

@Kaarme I was trying to see things from the bright side... I've started to read so many manga where it eventually becomes obvious that the female romatic lead is in fact a minor, even if she doesn't look it, and the age gap is just never addressed. At all. So it was nice to see the main character actively go "No you're too young for me" for once. I doubt it'll hold though, it's probably gonna turn into a "but it's OK because it's True Love"

But yeah you're right the MC is a doormat. Another reason why I ultimately dropped this tbh. I like my MCs with at least the illusion of personal agency lol.

True, if I got summoned into a world like this I'd probably lose my temper at the spot- you took me from my friends and family and now you just expect me to do all this work for you? What the fuck lol. When you're summoned like that you're essentially at the summoners mercy but like... You've already lost everything you held dear, and they need your cooperation (so they can't kill you or torture you too badly), that's a hell of a negotiation position. But that's a lot trickier to write probably, and also a lot more angsty. I guess that's why most isekai protagonist don't have many attachments to their original life (overworked, dead or abusive family, few if any friends, few if any hobbies, etc)

Dex-chan lover
@hakunoyuuki The cultural difference between Japan and the West plays a big role. Kazami is behaving exactly like an average Japanese person would be supposed to behave: Unable to say no, trying to adapt immediately to the surrounding society (even though he's there against his own will), respecting and looking up to the seemingly important locals (even though they are in fact his kidnapper), trying to avoid all trouble and conflict, cooperating as much as possible, not revealing his own opinions too forcefully, etc. Of course there are all kinds of people in Japan, but, regardless, the Japanese would think Kazami is behaving normally and as expected. Contrary to all that, in Western eyes Kazami is acting like a sheep, through and through. Naturally in a story like this such behavior ought to reward him later.

@Kaarme The cultural differences are definitely a factor. It usually doesn't bother me that much - reading with another cultural background in mind is kinda interesting - but isekai is special since they're often wish-fulfillment style. I don't really have much in common with an average Japanese man, so for me the other characters and the plot become pretty important

I've thought a lot on how a non-Japanese person would react if isekai'd... there are lots of nuances to different cultures. I'd love to read an isekai story where the MC is, I don't know, Polish? Kenyan? French? I think it'd be interesting. This is a pretty niche genre though, sadly.

Dex-chan lover
@hakunoyuuki If there was an American MC in a Japanese shounen/seinen isekai manga, we all know how he would behave! It might be amusing for a few chapters, at least for non-American readers.

Fed-Kun's army
This is I fucking hate isekai protagonist, they don't have a shred of selfishness in their body.

Girl 1: Have sex with me so you get entangled in political drama

MC: No.

Girl 2: Hey, have sex with her or I'm going to physically assault you!

@b

MC: Jesus, the fuck is your problem?

Girl 2: She keeps bothering me about it.

MC: Then why don't you just do what I'm doing and ignore her, let her world view crumble a little bit until it aligns with reality, allow her to get over it and build a much healthier point of view.

Girl 2: But she's really cute.

Girl 1: I am purposely cute and throwing myself at you.

Girl 2: C'mon. You're a guy. You don't want to make a girl cry. You want girls to be happy. This is a girl that is happily throwing herself at you. You want her to happy so that you can happy. Don't happy girls make you happy? You know it's not really manly if you don't make girls happy? You're a real man right? You aren't a real man unless you make her happy. You aren't a real man if you don't give her what she wants. You aren't a real man if you bend over backwards to do what I see. A real man lies down and takes whatever hit I give him without reacting. C'mon readers, be real men.

MC: YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK YOU!! Bitch Slaps Girl 2

Girl 1:...

Girl 2:...The hell, you can't so that. Men aren't suppose-

MC: Shut...inhalers...Up. I've had it to here with you and your bullshit. I not fucking her and that's final.

Girl 1:...But I'm cute.

MC: And that's great! But being cute is not e-fucking-nough, and if you genuinely care about me then you'll listen to why. 1-I don't have sex with people who aren't at least a certain age. I respect that it's culturally ok for your people, but, as a living person that isn't just a self insert, it is culturally wrong for me to do such. 2-I've only known you for a few days, maybe a few weeks, and in that time you have made me fucking exhausted with our constant studying. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you educating me with useful and practical knowledge-which you are teaching me, thank you-but I've had little to no down time to relax and absorb my environment. I can't even do the things I'm actually interested in doing before you pop up out of no where to drag me away for more studying. And now you show up to my room to disturb my sleep with your face-god damn, woman, a man who is not allowed time to himself is going to go insane. Oh, and when you don't get your way, you bring in your friend to drag on the issue. And when you still don't get your way, you decide that now in god knows when in the morning is the perfect time to shove more books up my ass. Learn to take a hint and give me some space. Inhale. Exhales. Gonna dial it back a bit. 3-I am not interested in your political bullshit. I don't care about your religion and affiliation. I'm trying to avoid becoming more of a tool than I already am. I just want to complete my job, survive til Friday, and go home when this is all over. I have a life, if you can believe it. All this being said, it would behoove you to respect the wishes, privacy, and time of the individuals you're tasked to look after. I've heard of When In Rome, but I would at least think an attendant would be flexible and accommodating-not pushy. Geez. I just wanted to sleep, dude, it's one of the few times I have to myself. And when I wake up maybe study some weird fantasy creature's biology, I could take it the elementary studying in stride at least then.

Girl 1:...I'm sorry. I just...I just am kinda in my own little world, with shrewd logic.

MC: I'm all for clashing cultural values and reevaluating perspectives, but that's something that should be handled slowly over time. It could even be really interesting to, but it needs time. Hell, maybe I'll learn something and become more of accepting of a romance with you despite my initial disagreement. But not right now.

Me: Nah, I'm just fucking with you, here's the actual MC

MC: Girls. Sex. I couldn't possibly! I'm a good boy. You gotta punch me to get the idea through my head

@bekeleven how do you do it? How do you sleep? How do you move on...without me?

uhh wait wait that elf basically kidnap him into another world and now they're forcing him to have a sexual intercourse with a 15 year old.....and the way she's blaming all this to that poor guy

Dex-chan lover
The women in this shit story are total assholes. You're the one in the wrong you flat chested rude elf Christmas cake hag. You kidnap him from his world, give no thoughts to his situation or different culture, push YOUR underdeveloped small minded culture onto him, don't give a single fucking apology and bitch to high heaven just cause you wanna sleep. You selfish bitches only care about yourselves you say or do whatever just to make yourselves seem right. Here's an idea, authors of Japan. Let. MCs. HAVE SPINES. Seeing these limp dick noodles bend their knees past their heads for every single person with a reproduction organ is just goddamn sickening.

Users who are viewing this thread