Jui-san no Oshigoto in Isekai - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Source of Infection Found!?

He finally pointed out something I've been concerned he's not using--a mask!

Dex-chan lover
>Priestess girl beaming at the thought of him slaying a Hydra
Damn it, Jim, he's a doctor, not a monster slayer!
Seriously, why do they keep expecting the veterinary doctor to tackle things like that?

Dex-chan lover
Hydra being alive or becoming a ghoul itself can be a possibility...
Now to do the rpg stuff..

Thanks for the chapter!
It's great that he made a vaccine, but where's the cure? Vaccines only provide a beat up or dead culture to provide an easily beaten opponent for the immune system to defeat and learn from so when exposed to the full blown disease the countermeasures are already learned and put into use. Like giving people cow pox so develop an immunity to smallpox. However, if the culture in the vaccine isn't dead or damaged enough and/or person vaccinated has a weak immune system there is a chance person may develop the disease rather than an immunity to it.

@Mathiason I don't think he made a vaccine? He made monoclonal antibodies which are different from vaccines. While vaccines introduce the body to a very weak version of a particular organism, monoclonal vaccine therapy makes use of modified immune cells to fend off the illness. In this case it had been modified to firstly be able to fend off the disease and secondly to multiply at a higher rate than normal. In this case it might actually be better to give it to people with weaker immune systems since it poses a lower chance of the person rejecting the new antibodies.

I'd actually say introducing something like this first is a better call since it's faster to make than an actual vaccine and or a cure. What I don't know however is how effective the introduction of from a cow's (that hasn't been genetically modified) antibodies is going to be. I'm pretty sure you can't just up and do that but I'm not really an expert in immunology so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

@4n0n Well if the theory is sound that's great. As for getting it from a cow to a human maybe he's going to combine a human antibody with the cow's monoclonal antibody or something combining his knowledge and the priestess' and Kuina's magic. Then again wouldn't be the first time an author glossed over a few important details in a story so might just leave out DNA compatibility and any additional details while going with medicine as is.

Dex-chan lover
The discussion on monoclonal antibodies is on point; basic RNA compatibility with human/bovine ribosomes is actually pretty good, so that might be okay... hell, it works with myeloma and polycythemia...

But, I must take issue with his coveralls; I mean, I get that anime characters wear them, but an article of romance?!
Bruh; they coveralls. If they're orange, you probably in prison; blue, you're in the Navy.
But... they're coveralls.

The way he’s bragging his stuffs to these uncivilized people is like asking a Line ID to a caveman.

Users who are viewing this thread