Just a Story About Miyamoto Sakura Being Cute

Dex-chan lover
okay, what the heck being Odin's reincarnation has anything to do with this manga?

Ah yes, the classic Japanese schoolboy being a reincarnation of a nordic god, the epitome of writing as expected.

Contributor
Ah, so it's getting translated.

Having looked at the information pages and some of the light novel illustrations, some things really interested me while other things frustrated me. I, too, am baffled at the MC being a reincarnation of a Nordic deity, but hey, if it makes the story and characters potentially more interesting.

I'm also hoping this adapts at least Volume 3 of the original LN. Having seen the illustrations for both that and Volume 4, I can't help but get a little excited.

Dex-chan lover
reading the description: Okay, okay. Bold claim, but might make for a good premise. Wait what?! Why even throw in the norse god thing. If that’s a story element it seems like the manga should be about THAT.

Aggregator gang
All i got about the description and the chapter is that shes cute... and thats it

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunate the novel translation stopped after the first volume...

Double-page supporter
A story about a girl being cute... Right, that's why the second chapter is all about the perverted sisters... FAIL.

@Sakuratea Good point! It's all in the sisters' minds.

Contributor
Yeah, Ima put this on hold. Wake me up when this scene from Volume 3 of the LNs gets adapted:
Miyamoto.Sakura.ga.Kawaii.dake.no.Shousetsu.full.2763627.jpg

Contributor
@Koni
Just curious, is the pacing and world-building much better in the LN, or is it just as disjointed as the manga?

Contributor
@justforthelulz Gonna be honest, I've got no idea. I'll be honest, I mainly read the first couple chapters and looked at images from future volumes that were posted. From what I've seen, I'm going to say no. The MC is characterized a little more, since we can read inner monologues and stuff, but is largely the same. Hell, the manga does better by making it's first chapter actually about Sakura. Chapter 2 of the manga is Chapter 1 of the LN.

This LN's weird though, in that it frustrates me but then some things happen that have me kind of interested.

Some spoilers for the next couple chapters:
So the sisters are doing lewd stuff to him because he's a harem manga protagonist (you know the type) and they find that weird. They're hoping that if he goes after them, Odin will be reincarnated. Worldly desires and stuff, I think. For a manga about Sakura Miyamoto being cute, we spend more time on the sisters than on Sakura Miyamoto. The sisters can combine into one being as well. Literally.
We don't get a full chapter on Sakura and her childhood friend until Chapter 4 of the LN (so maybe Chapter 5 in the manga?) But that chapter consists of her bringing up the usual childhood friend promise. After some fumbling around, MC also nonchalantly just tells her he loves her and asks if she loves him back. Cause he thinks she wouldn't realize if he didn't say it out loud. She stammers a lot because tsundere, but they start dating after that.

I feel like this would be better if we had a couple chapters on only Sakura and Ogami and their relationship first, then something like Chapter 4 of the LN happens, and then all of a sudden the three girls come in an interrupt claiming that he was a reincarnation of a Norse deity.

Contributor
@Koni
[Various LN spoilers]
I'mma keep it real with you chief,
that whole part about resolving the MC/Sakura relationship rather quickly (LN chapter 4? Not volume, but chapter?) already puts it above 99% of all other romcom/harems ever.

Users who are viewing this thread