Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 1 Ch. 17

Not wanting to marry isn't that complicated.
She has been controlled and abused her entire life.

If she marries the Duke in such a powerless state she would simply be changing one set of chains for another.
Does she know the Duke?
Does she have a guarantee that he won't use her and throw her away?
No!
So, until she gets some power of her own, she'd be stupid to entrust her well-being with the first person who was kind to her.

@toolep I've been worried about the same thing from the start. She's mouthing off to these people when she doesn't have a clear plan B in sight. It's very stupid.

In the same way, I don't think there's anything wrong with turning down a proposal from a man she doesn't know well, but again, what's her plan?

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why she doesn't use the proposal to her advantage. Her aim is to leave that household before she dies, she could come up with multiple plans like steal the dowry for the marriage and run off. It's also strange the only reason she's staying is because she needs money, just sell your jewels or dresses when you run away then find a job. It looks like she wants a comfortable life after she leaves but she's not planning anything for it. She's just living her daily life with little move to better her future.
Even having the Duke take her out more often that way she sees them less would be better than sitting around in that house getting beat on.

So, how exactly is this gal planning on surviving? She doesn't seem to have a solid idea..... Marriage would be a good way to get out, although I understand her reservations.

I'm sooo glad she decided to stand up to the Duchess and told her the reality of the situation to her face. More MCs need to do that. :)

Thanks for the update!

Dex-chan lover
She needs to become smart and make a plan of action bc she is getting her ass beat and the one person in her side is being pushed out.

like other people said, i get why she wouldn’t jump into a marriage with someone she doesn’t really know and potentially trap herself in an even worse situation, but she really needs to start planning something if she wants to escape this situation. while other mc’s I’ve seen in the same situation start squirreling away money or jewels to pawn off later, she’s not really doing anything to help herself in the future and is just living her life like normal despite knowing what’s supposed to happen. i get that she said she’s worried about starving like she did as a kid, but she could probably find work at a bar/restaurant or as a maid or something in some far off place. or with her education, she might be able to become something in an academic/scholarly field or a translator or something since she seems interested in translating the ancient texts. it seems like she just thought in passing about what she maybe could do the first couple days back and then completely stopped thinking about her situation. 😕 still going to read bc i like the art and ml, but i wish we could see more initiative on her part to better her situation.

thanks for translating!!

Author we need plan! Fast!
I hate seeing domestic violence! 😭 We need to know the plan at least. Something. Anything.

Double-page supporter
My patience is nearly running thin with how the FL acts... She's someone I'd call... Right, a SELECTIVELY SMART person. Coz she's utterly dumb in some important aspects regarding her life

Thanks for the update Somnolent dog!

Dex-chan lover
Meh, im dropping this. 17 chapters in and the mc still has no plan or objective and she knows she will die. So boring.

All this mc does is... Do nothing. No preparation, no planning, no thoughts as to what she wants, literally a brain dead mc that just lives her life just reacting to what's thrown at her. The only time she's done anything on her own was when she wanted to read that special language.

Users who are viewing this thread