Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 1 Ch. 17

I know it's frustrating to see how the MC acts but... it's hard for me to get mad at someone who's being abused. I hope she takes the initiative soon but obviously there's a lot she's dealing with.

Thanks for translating! ❤️

I haven’t decided to drop this yet because I like Hexion a lot, but it’s also getting a little boring for me. It’s too tiring to watch her get abused almost every chapter :(

Her conversations with Hexion in the forest made her seem like such a level-headed FMC. I hope we can see more of that side of her.

Oh I was remembered right, she is his illegitimate daughter. I guess just the dad and son don’t seem to know. Or they do and don’t care, since illegitimate children in every society are treated harshly😞

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

It wasn’t a spoiler😂 she said it in the 1st or 2nd chapter

Something that frustrates me in these comments is people who act like she should speak up against her abusive family more. She's done that, all that happens is she gets physically abused, and she can't exactly get into a fist fight with a man much larger and stronger than her. And since some people have forgotten, the story starts with her being murdered by soldiers likely employed by her father. There is no situation where she can push back without things getting much worse against a man who would use lethal force against her. The only way out of this is the streets or the duke, anything else is idiotic, and she's taking both options seriously.

Ohhh, she is his daughter.... his illegitimate one.... wow, that just makes this even worse and more awkward....

@scarlet_summer @pingustrategist She has no legal protections, no influence, no power and no money and she can literally die at any moment at the whim or her family which is what actually happened in her last life. I don't get how anyone whose read these series doesn't understand how absolutely unfair these old school societies are for girls and women, even the abusive mom is acknowledged as being trapped by the unfair rules of this era. People need to remember why GRRM made a series like Game of Thrones because of such unrealistic unexpectations where women could literally be raped in front of a throne room if they act like some typical heroine that would talk back to men of power.

Thank you for the update

I dont understand why people are acting like the fl can do whatever she wants. This manhwa is a bit more realistic based off of the times it is in I guess. It's not like she has magic powers and is allowed to do whatever she wants like other manhwas, or is a princes fiancee. Shes a women. And in those times women really didnt have that many rights, especially if one was an illegitimate child of a noble.

Sorry just a bit irritated over seeing comments complaining about the fls behavior. I see where your coming from but still it doesnt make sense

Double-page supporter
@KrimzonHawka
She has no legal protections, no influence, no power and no money and she can literally die at any moment at the whim or her family which is what actually happened in her last life

Exactly why I'm annoyed that she immediately shoot down a favorable proposition from the Grand Duke. He's the most helpful to her considering her current dilemma but like she didn't even consider it for a moment and gave ridiculous reasons (considering her current situation) for turning him down. She could've accepted it as just an engagement and asked for his protection then see how things go or whatever but nah. And I'm frustrated coz she shows level-headedness in some aspects but utterly dumb in some. You read The Villainess Lives Twice? I'm not comparing the FL's, but their situation where there's abuse is similar. It's how this particular part is handled is why I'm so frustrated

@scarlet_summer Yes I've read The Villaness Lives Twice and I'm glad you said we shouldn't compare the two even if the abuse is similar because it's completely different in terms of situation as well. Tia in TVLT is the LEGITIMATE daughter of the Marquis and his legal heir to his estate. Despite how she's treated privately she does have money and influence among a loyal cadre of servants and is legally entitled to her father's title, fortune, and estates and all the legal protection that comes with it. Which is why her abuse has to be kept secret and why Lawrence or all people ends up blowing up on his mother over it once it's exposed. The FMC is adopted and illegitimate at that, she's not even entitled to that much protection if she ever made it public because then her family would just reveal her being their legal daughter is a facade, hence why she's completely disposable and whatever protection she has is completely at their mercy. And unlike Tia the FMC isn't able to shut out her emotions completely nor does she have Grand Duke Cedric who has a shining reputation for honor and integrity, and on top of that Hexion seems way too infatuated for her. Hexion's reputation is the exact opposite by comparison to Cedric, despite what little she's gleamed from her interactions with him he's also eccentric as all heck unlike how straightforward Cedric is, so It's completely understandable if she'd hesitate figuratively jumping into bed at the risk of it potentially literally tying herself to him when she has no feelings regarding him whatsoever. Unlike Tia this girl didn't have near a decade (Lawrence had a son with his second wife by then) of future experience from this moment until her death to map everything out either, so really the smart thing she's doing IS to keep quiet and try to read and manage the situation for the time being which is what she did this chapter by curbing her step-mother without an outright confrontation. Tia's done the same thing if you're insistent on this comparison by the way where she too quietly endures the abuse, just with a vaster more amount of resources and a genius level intellect <_<

I know people are frustrated that she's rejecting Hexion but I like that she's cautious. Realistically, she's doing the best she can to suss out her situation and she's right that jumping into a marriage with Hexion might not necessarily be the best option. We know he's the ML so it's meant to be but from her perspective, she got killed the last time she was engaged. It just makes sense to be careful. It's also good to see she's no genius but just a smart girl trying to survive.

Double-page supporter
@KrimzonHawka
Yeah I get being cautious but her shooting down Hexion immediately is still dumb in my opinion and not being cautious at all and we all know one of the reasons she's done it coz she refuses to live as a 'fake' which further screams dumb in my book. She's lucky coz Hexion is quite persistent and patient with her at all. If the ML isn't like this and like all men who back down after a flat refusal like that then the end. My issue is with the inconsistency with her characterization. She's got no plan whatsoever to get out of her situation but doesn't consider the new variables that could help her, the Black knight clearly isn't a bad guy at least, compared to her shitty family.

@Izzydee
whatever mod messed with your comment is surely big brain, or whoever probably reported your comment might be even 'smarter'
not like theres over 50 chapters to forget what happened a few chaps ago oof

Users who are viewing this thread