Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 1 Ch. 33

@Isolated_Existence Thank you 💕 If she didn't react to what happened to her, they would be calling her unrealistic, Mary Sue etc etc

@scudder No, she's unhurt because they need her to marry the duke or her bio dad's duchy will be destroyed by the king.

And what should she have done? Come out of her room to make it easier for Kuarn to abuse her? Telling her bio family exactly what they're like after they've physically harmed her, when it changes nothing except release her pent up emotions is actually good. For me as reader who hates seeing her situation without any relief in sight and for her growth and mental health. I don't understand why you want her to be uselessly subservient to abusive assholes who only keep her around because they have to.

There is no smart answer except avoiding interaction when possible. They hold the reins until she is legally married. That's the feudal system. And obviously she didn't marry the first guy that offered without vetting him thoroughly because that could just be exchanging one bad situation for another.

Do you want her to be smart and cautious like she's been or do you want her to make snap decisions based on zero evidence?

And she's not pretending to be tough 💢 She's saying what she feels after being attacked and after years of abuse. Come on.

It's attack fmc every day no matter what they do in the comment section smdh

hani!!! THANK U SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATES!!! I wish u have a yummy meal, a happy day and a wonderful life!!! 💖💖💖💖💖💖

please let me get rid of the duke and his whole family, our adele will be happy and we finally rest for a bit

manhwas w abused protagonists have so many victim shaming dumbasses in the comments its crazy pls stop for just one second before u click post

Wow, I'm really surprised to see that the reception of Adele's character is so controversial. Personally, as someone with a ~doctor certified ptsd~ abusive upbringing (tm), I think this is well written. All human behavior is irrational and illogical (we just like to think otherwise), and it's no different for victims of abuse. In real life, you don't act the most "logical" and satisfying way to a 3rd person reader's perspective. If anything, stories like this have the victims better adapted than you would expect given their childhood and current situation, because if it were written totally realistically everyone would complain it's boring, frustrating and depressing. Not dissimilar to the way people get frustrated and give up when they can't understand why their friend doesn't leave an abusive relationship.

To be honest, I'd call it bad writing if she did everything "correctly" and took the most optimal path out of every situation. Many stories do this, and it's clear they don't have a nuanced understanding of what happens to the cognition of someone who has been abused long term. I mean, a character doing everything "right" with any story, abusive or not, is mediocre writing.

Have you ever felt to jump in into a comic world just to beat the shit out of someone? That's what I'm feeling now 🏌️

Wow, I'm feeling actual hatred for the characters. That's kind of impressive. Yes, I want to jump in the manhwa to punch the duke and his idiotic son.

Omg that household is crazy...
When FL fell out of the window, I was somehow hoping for the Duke to catch her :`)

oh my god no... no he does not get to have an incestuous crush on her. like as long as he still gets what's coming to him, it's ok. but if he ends up 'redeeming' into a misunderstood 2nd male lead I s2g i will riot

Jesus why are all of her family members such psycho trash bastards?! She’s surrounded by monsters. I hope Hexion and her absolutely ruin them so badly they’ll wish they’d died. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 I want to see them utterly crushed and full of despair. It’s only fair after the hell they’ve put her through all these years.

Thank you for translating these new chapters!

@professorrumbleroar agreed. He’s left severed animal parts in her room for years. He can obsess if he wants to, but he better go burn with the rest at the end. Bunch of psychos. The father’s cigar and threats of ‘punishment’ seem pretty Freudian too. 😣

Users who are viewing this thread