Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 1 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
@NgọcTrai it would make the game of ranks easier to understand. But basically, when he says "Duke" at the end, it is probably done in a way that emphasized that the Duke is beneath him. He's been polite up until this point, but he's essentially asserting his authority in how he changed the way he addresses the Duke in tone and word.

Keep pushing and get your girl out of there, like really hurry get her out of there and if you could make the duke and the servants suffer for their life for hurting your girl

@NgọcTrai
I just learnd a little bit of korean from teacher (like some basic grammer, and like 50-100 word), and I think they have like 3 level honorifics (? or more?) like when you speak with your close family, speak with some random person from your class, or speak with the bigboss. And as I saw from the raws, I find the honorifics in his speak (I didn't undestand what they say, but honorifics are easy to find, if you know what to search for), but when he said he look like a pushover, I don't think he used them. And there was no difference in the "Duke", I think it was purely what the ML said before, and how he looked at the trashy father. (and how he used his voice)

I am a beginner, so maybe I interpret it wrong. Sorry if that's the case.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, is the father like basically a Disney villain? Nothing he does seems smart in any capacity. Maybe he's just used to people bending over backwards for him and doesn't realize how stupid he actually seems.

Daugther tells Duke she will handle the detail of her marriage. Duke say no. Lock her Up. The Grand Duke comes to make wedding plans. The Grand Duke Want the daugther to decide. Duke is shocked. The daugther gave him a way to never have to deal with the Grand duke and now regret it

@sirflimflam I mean if you think about it the stuff he does is not that weird, it worked perfectly during Adele's previous lifetime, plus while Hexion is hierarchically higher than him, he's just supposed to be a puppet even Hexion himself knows as he told Adele. Now to what concerns Adele well even if his daughter started getting an attitude change there's no real reason to treat her any different (from his pov), I mean she's supposed to have 0 connections, always be confined to their mansion, obey daddy's every others or getting punished and there's basically no one that likes her.
While we know things are not like that the duke doesn't so I say his dumbass strategies make sense for his personality.

Group Leader
tenor.png

Thanks for the update! 😍

Users who are viewing this thread