Kaeri no Kai o Hajimemasu.: Ijime Saiban Kaitei - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - My Revenge

Double-page supporter
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
122
at least he acknowledged the revenge it was for him
He's inherently a good guy, similar to past Rudy from Mushoku Tensei. Their psyche got broken due to the trauma that they went through.

He probably realises that what he's doing is wrong. But he's just that broken that he ignores that, and even does something that is actively hurting Tojo as well. He knows he's being selfish by putting his own wish of revenge over even his feelings for Tojo. It's perfectly understandable though.
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Jul 23, 2024
Messages
52
Man. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Tojo fucking sucks. Kitami was completely justified in getting revenge on those scumbags, and not everybody gets to "live their best life" in the wake of that trauma like she does. The dude hasn't gotten a good night's sleep in almost ten years.
"Their bullying didn't break me!" Maybe not but it clearly broke Kitami, and you've got zero f*cking empathy for what HE'S been going through all this time. She accuses him of being selfish, but so is she. Only concerned with her own standing and reputation and not about anybody else, even though Kitami only suffered the shit he went through for HER sake, instead of looking the other way. He ruined his entire life for her, and she doesn't even seem to care.
Idk maybe if I felt more like Tojo was actually still haunted by what happened to her I would feel different, but all that talk about "I still think about them every single day" seems pretty hollow when we only see her living her best life or calling HIM out, and hardly any interaction between her and any of her bullies other than that one interaction with Kanzaki that barely fazed her at all.
Kitami was right on the money when he said she put the past behind her and doesn't care about it anymore, and the author has completely failed to convince me that she's suffering as much as Kitami has or that she's still as haunted by what happened as Kitami is.
Anyway, Tojo doesn't seem like a very good person from where I'm sitting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top