Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! - Ch. 63

Double-page supporter
Damn, all y'all just being utterly casual about Suzuki being used as a guinea pig by Cid, left to obviously die when the collar hits zero, instead of helping him, sequestering him, and then taking on his identity instead. That was an actual villain move on Cid's part, and felt really out of character for him, quite honestly.
you're forgetting that our MC always kicked dudes to the curb. lmao
by your logic, he could have freed those guys back at that lawless town arc

Dex-chan lover
i'm confident that mc paused for solid 5 seconds before he remembered the name lmao

that was genius, his neck always has the "obstacle" and then it was only shown that he in-fact already wears the collar lmao

right i forgot he could manipulate the slime to make him look/sound like someone else

mc is proud for claire since he thinks she's also delulu like him lmao

i bet the last panel is only a joke in the next chapter just for kicks and giggles.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, all y'all just being utterly casual about Suzuki being used as a guinea pig by Cid, left to obviously die when the collar hits zero, instead of helping him, sequestering him, and then taking on his identity instead. That was an actual villain move on Cid's part, and felt really out of character for him, quite honestly.
I noticed it and was going to comment that Cid's being his usual asshole self lol. There are tons of situations where Cid could have prevented mass casualties of innocent lives but simply didn't because letting it happen gave him a opportunity to look cool.

It is a bit of new low for him though, seeing as he's parading around as this girl's brother and she'll have to learn the truth eventually. OR he's going to do the heroic "sacrifice" and she'll at least remember him as going out in a moment of glory than dying pathetically, which is marginally better I guess?

While I'd be surprised if Nina isn't a spy
We already know she is a member of shadow garden. And while far from top7, she is still part of top brass in terms of abilities.
Wasn't it revealed in a previous capture that Nina is one of the Knights of the Round, codenamed Fenrir?
Uh, no, that's a different character, with almost like an opsite personality.

Dex-chan lover
Lol at mc putting on suzukis collar without even realizing :pacman:
It’s a nice touch by the artist to not draw Cid’s collar until Cid realized he has one on him. (Can be seen on pg. 5 bottom panel for example)

Of course it’s possible that the artist simply forget in that one instance since the artist has been doing his hardest to cover Cid’s neck until then. But hey, it’s better to say sasuga great artist-sensei. :LOL:
I thought he put on suzuki's collar?

Dex-chan lover
Lol at mc putting on suzukis collar without even realizing :pacman:

I thought he put on suzuki's collar?
Suzuki’s collar blew up and is broken ( bottom panel pg. 7, you can see it has partially shattered).
Pg.8 also shows Cid being surprised he had a collar after saying “you have to be a retard for not realizing” (with “Gasp” sfx).

Bottom panel pg. 8 clarifies this further, for example the line: “they must have put these on us while we were in the white mist” and “it is the same as what Suzuki had”. These lines mean someone put them on him and what he has is not Suzuki’s.

Finally, the plot in this portion literally revolves around all the students having collars that blow up when their mana run out, this implies all students in the area has a collar on.

Aggregator gang
I noticed it and was going to comment that Cid's being his usual asshole self lol. There are tons of situations where Cid could have prevented mass casualties of innocent lives but simply didn't because letting it happen gave him a opportunity to look cool.

It is a bit of new low for him though, seeing as he's parading around as this girl's brother and she'll have to learn the truth eventually. OR he's going to do the heroic "sacrifice" and she'll at least remember him as going out in a moment of glory than dying pathetically, which is marginally better I guess?

what the fuck are you on about?

He told the guy he should take the collar off, and the guy proceeded to ignore him, start monologuing and expending mana and blew up within seconds.. Cid couldn't do shit to save his life.

Dex-chan lover
I have to ask but is there any students left in their school after this arc? It feels like at that point, they could have left to another school or already died due to the weird amount of deadly events occurring in the school grounds.

Dex-chan lover
Nina and vice president are sus and need Jesus!!!

2pr32p.jpg

Dex-chan lover
So...just don't use mana? Plus they should be generating mana over time naturally to counteract the collar's drain. Or just go to jrpg sleep and refill. Unless the collar also has a prevent regen function.
Either they’re just bad at controlling it or it requires a degree of training not normally given. Hard to tell since we mainly follow Shadow Garden and their members are experts at mana control.
The collar is designed to drain mana and kill, so the cult wouldn't overlook such a design flaw where the wearer can simply regenerate their mana faster than the drain rate (considering they know that Claire and Alexia are among the group). The ghosts also serve as a double measure to make them waste mana since they have to fight without rest.
In a world where humans can do things that cannot be done by humans of this world it is fairly safe to assume that they use magic of some form to do so (in this case mana). Most of the fighting/strength that the people of this world display are beyond what normal humans can do, or at least those of the same physical build.
Basically: physical strengthening and power attack == magic == manga usage. So even without the collar actively ripping manga from them (likely to "feed" or "fuel" something) by fighting (or in some cases simply moving around - i.e. burning manga instead of calories) they are likely expending mana.
But, it's fiction and magic doesn't exist on this Earth, so there's literally no way for me to know for sure any of this.

Separately I have noticed that a few people think that the guy Cid is masquerading around as was that girl's actual brother. She originally said "distant" relative. Page 16, 4th panel, last text box.

Finally, people are questioning the sanity of those staying at the school given the danger, and the sanity of those not freaking out about the danger... Given the general danger of their entire world and that they are there to become "spell swords" and are nobles it isn't all that surprising. FFS they have a magic swordsmanship competition, if they were afraid of getting hurt they wouldn't go to this school in the first place...

Dex-chan lover
Why would anyone even attend that school is beyond me at this point. Seems like you have as much chance to get brutally murdered than you do to actually graduate.

Dex-chan lover
In a world where humans can do things that cannot be done by humans of this world it is fairly safe to assume that they use magic of some form to do so (in this case mana). Most of the fighting/strength that the people of this world display are beyond what normal humans can do, or at least those of the same physical build.
Basically: physical strengthening and power attack == magic == manga usage. So even without the collar actively ripping manga from them (likely to "feed" or "fuel" something) by fighting (or in some cases simply moving around - i.e. burning manga instead of calories) they are likely expending mana.
But, it's fiction and magic doesn't exist on this Earth, so there's literally no way for me to know for sure any of this.

Separately I have noticed that a few people think that the guy Cid is masquerading around as was that girl's actual brother. She originally said "distant" relative. Page 16, 4th panel, last text box.

Finally, people are questioning the sanity of those staying at the school given the danger, and the sanity of those not freaking out about the danger... Given the general danger of their entire world and that they are there to become "spell swords" and are nobles it isn't all that surprising. FFS they have a magic swordsmanship competition, if they were afraid of getting hurt they wouldn't go to this school in the first place...
???

Not sure what that has to do with my point since I was focusing on what could be done on their world.

Users who are viewing this thread