Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! - Ch. 63

Dex-chan lover
I noticed it and was going to comment that Cid's being his usual asshole self lol. There are tons of situations where Cid could have prevented mass casualties of innocent lives but simply didn't because letting it happen gave him a opportunity to look cool.

It is a bit of new low for him though, seeing as he's parading around as this girl's brother and she'll have to learn the truth eventually. OR he's going to do the heroic "sacrifice" and she'll at least remember him as going out in a moment of glory than dying pathetically, which is marginally better I guess?
What is surprising? Since the beginning, mc was portrayed as a sociopath. So innocents dying is all to up his eminence in the shadows play.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, i knew he'd get the name "Suzuki Hope" at one point thanks to spoilers, but i didn't think he'd get it in such a tragic way.

Dex-chan lover
A few typos, something wrong jn biamem, or did they rush this out?

Double-page supporter
Thank you very much for the chapter

Why would anyone even attend that school is beyond me at this point. Seems like you have as much chance to get brutally murdered than you do to actually graduate.
The school was actually a safe place from any threat until the cult attacked it from previous chapters way back then

Why the cult moving to raid it now? Well the reason would be told in later chapters...

Dex-chan lover
We already know she is a member of shadow garden. And while far from top7, she is still part of top brass in terms of abilities.

Uh, no, that's a different character, with almost like an opsite personality.
Are you sure? Bc Imma be honest, I had the feeling she was from SG, but wasn't very sure about it
She doesn't work for Shadow Garden. She works for Zeta, which is not the same thing. She's Shadow Garden-adjacent but not a member.

Dex-chan lover
I think these students was making the other student give them their mana, or else how can they have so much mana, even Claire who was a famous for being quiet strong in this school only have 1k7. And Nina is definitely from the cult.

Dex-chan lover
???

Not sure what that has to do with my point since I was focusing on what could be done on their world.
I was mostly replying to everyone who replied to Alcion.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, and my post was (intended to be) focused on what could be done in their world as well. I phrased it the way I did because including "other examples," or so, is helpful when one is talking about fiction, particularly fiction that isn't (specifically) based on "other" fiction (i.e. extended series, sequels, fan fiction, DnD rules, etc).

Basically:
Alcion said "So...just don't use mana?" to which you replied "Either they’re just bad at controlling it or it requires a degree of training not normally given." So my reply of (roughly): "to do most of the actions we have seen them do (throughout the manga) probably requires constant use of mana."
Example: run faster than a human of our world (or Cid's original one), jump higher, move heavier objects, etc; needless to say any magical attack. I suggested that they probably burn through mana like we do calories.

So, in effect, I was extending upon your comment about control. Or, at least I was trying to...

I can try to explain more/better, but I don't want to just be annoying. I recognize that I already provide too much information and "talk" too much...

Dex-chan lover
What is surprising? Since the beginning, mc was portrayed as a sociopath. So innocents dying is all to up his eminence in the shadows play.
You replied to the wrong person, I wasn't surprised at all. The other guy I replied to was the one who thought it was "out of character"

Dex-chan lover
So...just don't use mana? Plus they should be generating mana over time naturally to counteract the collar's drain. Or just go to jrpg sleep and refill. Unless the collar also has a prevent regen function.
They are literally being attacked by ghosts, so how do they "don't use mana"? For the regeneration, MIGHT be true for only the top of the crops(though I doubt anyone other than cid can outregen it), but not for the average student, which is most of the student. Even if assuming they just sleep it out, and then what? The mist won't be gone when they wake up and the ghosts will keep attacking.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, all y'all just being utterly casual about Suzuki being used as a guinea pig by Cid, left to obviously die when the collar hits zero, instead of helping him, sequestering him, and then taking on his identity instead. That was an actual villain move on Cid's part, and felt really out of character for him, quite honestly.
How would cid even help him? Later, they might find a way, but at that time there's literally nothing he can do. He wasn't even sure if the collar would blow heads off until it actually happened.

he's parading around as this girl's brother
They are a distant relative.

Where's Kanade? Who is this imposter?
Kanade is the girl that was hurt when the group found her. I'm surprised you mentioned her when her name wasn't even mentioned yet(unless I missed it).

Double-page supporter
Kanade is the girl that was hurt when the group found her. I'm surprised you mentioned her when her name wasn't even mentioned yet(unless I missed it).
Exactly, she looks completely different. Chances are she's no longer that specific girl and will instead be inside the room with other people.

Users who are viewing this thread