Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Ch. 63

Dex-chan lover
He calls her 'dear sister' which was most likely 'Onee-sama' (or perhaps Ane-ue) in original. This is often used to address someone out of respect, not because of relation.
Right. Part of the reason I pointed it out was because I believed that people were making the mistake of taking this at face value, even though she literally says a few pages before that they are "distant" relatives.
It's part of the problem with the "must translate everything; must not leave any Japanese" mentally. No! No, better to leave some original words behind and give a brief explanation of what they mean than to translate them into the (common) English equivalent, which isn't how they are being used.
These words specifically are irksome. "Onee-sama," "oji-san" and so forth; especially oji-san being translated as uncle when they are referring to someone they aren't related to... It just shows ignorance to the language and culture, and I have literally seen it in "official translations"...

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
soo if mc plays a character that has a clue, he suddenly actualy knows stuff without making shit up? scary

Dex-chan lover
you're forgetting that our MC always kicked dudes to the curb. lmao
by your logic, he could have freed those guys back at that lawless town arc
I noticed it and was going to comment that Cid's being his usual asshole self lol. There are tons of situations where Cid could have prevented mass casualties of innocent lives but simply didn't because letting it happen gave him a opportunity to look cool.
No, because that would have caused unnecessary attention to be drawn to him, and their lives weren't in danger. Other situations where his inaction has resulted in lives lost has not been a direct "there is a life in danger if you don't act" situation, but rather, "we don't know what is going to happen, so wait until something happens and then react to it" situations. Shadow Garden as a whole has always tried to protect the innocent around them when they could, too.

How would cid even help him? Later, they might find a way, but at that time there's literally nothing he can do. He wasn't even sure if the collar would blow heads off until it actually happened.
He had it figured out as soon as he saw the collar, and even Suzuki had a grasp of the major points with mana use counting the timer down; with his exceptional mana control he could have shielded Suzuki's head or even forcefully explode the collar away from his neck at a speed faster than the explosive, or something of the sort, without it seeming like it was his doing. Note how the majority of the collar still remained intact, too; it wasn't that strong of an explosive. It wouldn't have interfered with his mob-fu, either.

They are a distant relative.
I thought they were cousins?

Dex-chan lover
Suzuki’s collar blew up and is broken ( bottom panel pg. 7, you can see it has partially shattered).
Pg.8 also shows Cid being surprised he had a collar after saying “you have to be a retard for not realizing” (with “Gasp” sfx).
Only looked opened to me, not broken.
Bottom panel pg. 8 clarifies this further, for example the line: “they must have put these on us while we were in the white mist” and “it is the same as what Suzuki had”. These lines mean someone put them on him and what he has is not Suzuki’s.
Problem there is that there is absolutely no way anyone managed to sneak up on him and get near enough his throat that they put a collar on him, without him realizing that someone snuck up on him and tried to reach his neck. Same for anyone else from shadow garden.
Finally, the plot in this portion literally revolves around all the students having collars that blow up when their mana run out, this implies all students in the area has a collar on.
Or at least all normal students. A bunch are surely too perceptive to not notice an assassination attempt (even if they didn't hold a knife, but instead held a collar).

Double-page supporter
No, because that would have caused unnecessary attention to be drawn to him, and their lives weren't in danger. Other situations where his inaction has resulted in lives lost has not been a direct "there is a life in danger if you don't act" situation, but rather, "we don't know what is going to happen, so wait until something happens and then react to it" situations. Shadow Garden as a whole has always tried to protect the innocent around them when they could, too.
I'm convinced we aren't reading the same manga, holy shit.

Dex-chan lover
:qq: Poor Christina. Cid will definitely play dead AS Suzuki after heroically saving the day. After charming the fuck outta her of course.
yep, I'm waiting how is Cid going to fake an exploding head and then leave the actual Suzuki's body there while escaping. I hope he rizzes the other guy too, just for the funsies

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess. If you killed someone you can take their mana reserve

Dex-chan lover
So...just don't use mana? Plus they should be generating mana over time naturally to counteract the collar's drain. Or just go to jrpg sleep and refill. Unless the collar also has a prevent regen function.
Unless the drain is greater than the generation, which is often the case in stories. Otherwise, what's the point of draining?

Unless the drain is greater than the generation, which is often the case in stories. Otherwise, what's the point of draining?
In the novel, it's stated that Cid's natural magic recovery is much greater than the amount being sucked out, which implies that for most people the reverse would be true.

Your distant relative is now at a distance.
Seriously, Cid being dumbfounded when someone just died by the collar is insane, and that's saddening to say the least.

Aggregator gang
God I love this idiot so much... E-EHRM I mean Sasuga Shadow-sama.

Users who are viewing this thread