Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Vol. 4 Ch. 15

Double-page supporter
Cid must have the rare enchanted Excalibur hidden in his pants
While you're here waiting for the next chapter, please enjoy this apple pie recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 to 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Pastry for double-crust pie
1 tablespoon butter
1 large egg white
Additional sugar

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine the sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat.
2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim even with edge. Fill with apple mixture; dot with butter. Roll remaining crust to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in crust.
3. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
4. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.

Please enjoy your homemade apple pie while watching the world die because someone ate a fucking bat -Reshfan <3

Dex-chan lover
@KazutoKatsuragi i heard some ln reader's hate this kind of mc since
no development and everything just revolve around minsundersatnding and mc chunni
and i heard because of it, he did something despicable towards his realative just for the sake of is chunni, is that true ?

Fed-Kun's army
alexia is checking his excalibur
she was like "here i am bathing in the nude with you, so why is your excalibur still sheathed??"

@MoonLightXC nah man, grimnir is chuuni sure, but he's not edgy
he's more like the happy-go-lucky chuuni that's easily embarrassed by his own lines

@ispcizero3rd Not the person you asked but yeah. Basically cid doesnt consider the business of shadow garden (mitsugoshi corps) as his, and even a bit envious of them for profiting off his earth knowledge. The business was fighting with another big corporation, and cid's chuuni wanted to play double agent and proceeded to fuck both of the businesses over. Of course everything resolves itself, with cid losing the money back to shadow garden. Although I heard, although im not sure if its true that the light novel (the one used by the manga as reference)changed that from the webnovel where cid instead didnt know that he was damaging mitsugoshi at the same time as the enemy company so instead of being a malicious action it just became a clueless mistake. As for the development of cid, yeah he is basically isekai one punch man, staying static while the novel would focus on the development of other characters. I dont mind it, actually, his delusions of the whole evil organization being fake is a parody of a real chuunis delusion that evil organizations are real and I think from an artistic standpoint that the time cid realizes its all real is when the novel ends.

Dex-chan lover
@Popdoodle ok... i dont know if i must laugh or hate for it. but what you said just making me curious. does the mitsugoshi corps aware at the end that they've being fooled by cid's cunni and left him ?

Thanks for the chapter!
Is it just me or does the MC seem to be permanently in Chūnibyō mode and completely unaware of how to act like a mob character? The guy's past self is probably six feet tall, covered in muscles like a heavyweight bodybuilder with 5% or less fat, and yet believes that represents a mob character? Mob characters are joe average in all things so would have average features, average muscles, and average height. That and a mob character would peek at the princess while bathing together, would still be convalescing in bed after getting a severe wound not going around energetically without even a scratch. Also, he has the denseness of a male protagonist character who has no clue about the feelings of women in regards to himself such as mistakenly believing Epsilon and the princess were getting along. That and the extreme luck to have things end favorably for him despite not having a clue to what's going on and reacting to unexpected situations. Looking forward to explaining where 'Cid' disappeared to while 'Shadow' entered the Arena.

@Mathiason

It's a bit of a running gag that he's actually a lot less mob-like than he himself seems to think. He has very little self-awareness. And yeah, outside of sheer power he's not very capable at all, he just gets by on luck all the time. This is even more apparent in the LN. But yeah, all of this is intended, since this is supposed to be a silly comedy.

I noticed that the manga and light novel reveals that Rose signed up Cid for the trial. In the web novel it was never explained so everyone assumed Alpha did it.

I wonder if reality will ever catch up with this moron....?

Dex-chan lover
lol legit he never looked at her but she was fixated to excalibur all the time hahaha

@Zing I'm pretty sure this moron is actually writing reality. Everything he desires comes into being, every utterance becomes the truth of the world. Every. Last. Dumb. Thing. Its stupid and I fucking love it

@Demathraxyus maybe, could also just be him dreaming it up while being in coma after getting hit by a truck.

I think that Overlord can pull off this type of story because protagonist, at the very least, is aware of his own circumstances. Does not want to improve and read rapports, but at least aware. I dont really understand why Yen Press licensed this dumpster fire, it was fun for the first 80 chapters of the web novel. It could have been fun if MC was at least in touch with reality, but the way he is portrayed, he is just dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread