Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Vol. 5 Ch. 21

You cannot believe how happy I am to see that this will actually be released monthly.
Edit: The "To be continued" made me a little more sad.

lets see how he mob fu his way through this

then again he is under the name of Jinima instead of Cid

Group Leader
This manga is definitely in my top 5 currently serializing manga I want to see get an adaptation. It has such an amazing variation of dry humor, slapstick humor, humor gained through the sheer stupidity of the setting, and genuinely interesting characters that serve to make the adsurdness of the actions the MC takes even funnier.

(The other 4 I'd love to see animated are The Dangers in my Heart, Sono Bisque Doll, 100 girlfriends, and Risou no Himo Seikatsu.)

@DrHizzle This is literally the best comedy manga that's running right now. Honestly it's one of the best currently serialized manga, period. Over the past few years, a lot of really good shit has ended or formally concluded in one way or another. All of the old "super" shonen are basically gone. The only one still running is One Piece. Most of the classic seinen have also wrapped up, with the only old guard left being Berserk, which is sporadic at the best of times.

There was a point in time where there wasn't really anything good at all running in the last few years, and it was kind of concerning. Stuff like Kage no Jitsuryokusha brings that hope back. It has good art, fantastic humor, great characters. It's even occasionally badass. With the exception of maybe the first two chapters, I don't think there's been a chapter yet that didn't actually make me laugh reading it.

It's also one of the only manga I know that gets praised because the adaption does the story better than the webnovel does. That's high, high praise. Lots of people who have read the WN (I'm not one of them) have said that the art from before he got isekei'd is hilarious, showing him as this massive buff monster pretending to be normal while everyone is staring at him. It's great. The WN didn't have any of that.

Dex-chan lover
I enjoy how his friend's face is already so pointy that when it's changed into a Kaiji reference it's hardly even noticeable.

Group Leader
That character's face though, thought my aspect ratio screwed up for some reason.

Dammit I want this manga to be anime adaptation with another the manga I like

@Lord-Raine I'd still suggest reading the web novel, it's hilarious. I was giggling like a little school girl through most of the chapters at Cid's antics. Don't know if they made any changes to the story in the light novel though.

Fed-Kun's army
Insert Cromartie High "victory by default" reference followed by Otomege "gamble responsibly" image.

Double-page supporter
This is the part where the underdog win against all odds!

Checked that off his bucket list I bet.

Double-page supporter
That cliffhanger!

We all know that it would only last one page anyway. . .

Users who are viewing this thread