Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!

And truth to be told, this manga/LN got anime adaptation. I really don't understand, I believe there are lots more "funny" manga/LN out there or does this industry got free fall on their quality?

just realized how much Overlord vibes i get from the underlings thoughts of the MC

I love how people only start hating on this after it gets an anime release.

Just read 8 Chapter and it's just cringy comedy about oblivious larping idiot mc and generic isekai world plot.

lol its a parody where the MC is actually TRYING to be generic and cool which is one of the main reasons why its funny. If he didnt put that much effort into being an edgy teen then no one would like this.

Beware, captain. Redditors are infiltrating this website to shove their preference for a manga and their opinion, which, nobody cares about on everyone. Just because their taste is somehow different, they have the right to speak for everyone?? What nonsense. If you really want to criticize a manga from ur point of view that is based on ur opinion alone, don't try to degrade the rating like u own the manga.

@farhvt If something is shit on purpose, it doesn't change the fact it's shit. This is just generic "isekai power fantasy #586737 for pathetic otaku" which uses the excuse of "it's cringe on purpose" to be even more blatant about its pandering. As I've mentioned previously, look at all the male characters except the MC - they are either pathetic and/or evil, all not to scare off the precious incel herbivores, who would feel threatened by other male characters around their cartoon girls.

@Auraculum that's Just your taste, for the majority here this manga is funny because it's unapologetic about being cringy and cliche, this manga embraces It and makes fun of itself.
There are lot's of popular manga that i dislike and unpopular manga that i love, it's the same for everyone.
I was a chuuni kid myself when i was younger and this manga poke fun at that with a protagonist that never grew up.

@Titto Once again, just because something is bad on purpose doesn't make it less bad. As to making fun of the concepts introduced - the author doesn't do that. He throws the same 2-3 jokes every dozen page or so in order to explain what is essentially a very bland and generic power/harem fantasy with a Mary Sue protagonist. Other comics have done the same concept, and done it much better.

For those looking to get into the comic - read the first 4 chapters, and drop it there. You've officially read all the jokes, and encountered all the clichés presented. Rinse and repeat.

@Auraculum And that's Just your sense of humor, If you don't get the joke, it's your probem, not every story is made to suit your taste, you are just trying to racionalize why something is fun, when it's impossible to do so.
There's a reason why this manga is popular and it's because it's fun for the majority and it's great that an anime is coming soon.

If it's not your taste it doesn't matter how many times you repeat the same arguments over and over again, this story still fun for most people

At least I have arguments. Yours are "it's good because it's popular" and "it's bad on purpose".

Once again, people - avoid this trash post the first few chapters.

@Auraculum It simply not suit your taste, don't need to discourage other. If i have to say what i like about this manga, then, rather than humor, MC's personality make me interested.
He doesn't give a shit about his family, subordinates or anyone else

Love it here ^_^
I love this manga, its pretty great. But if your not a fan, than so be it, not everyone has to be. Just don't be an ass about it.

@Auraculum "why are only females powerful",
well most women are weaker than most men in this world, however the heroes who defeated Diabolos were all females(magically and alchemically modified superhumans) and because of that their blood runs thicker in females. The ones in which the heroes blood is really thick become "possessed"(their magic goes out of control and becomes cancer basically). The possessed get killed by the church and game over, however because of this for example Alpha which is like 16-17 years old is as powerful as Beatrix which spent like 50 years constantly training, because Alpha "has better genetics". As for the male characters, keep in mind the two guys whos ass the MC kicked before(the one in gold armor and the bald one) are quite strong, similar in terms of power to annerose(the girl before iris fight). Its just that because this is a parody/joke story the MC is so completely broken that he beat a legendary hero(Olliviere during the church arc) without any magic power.

@mnialu i think it's useless to explain to this guy, @auraculum is probably Just trolling here trying to get a raise from the people who likes this series, probably is salty because of the anime announcement

@mnialu

OK, so everything I've written before is true - it's just a completely blank harem power fantasy for sexless otaku, with a handful of "it's on purpose *wink wink*" jokes thrown in. Thank you. :)

2 out of 3 you got right, it's popular because it's good, not the other way around.
The thing is why would you lose so much time trying to explain to people that like something why they are stupid to like It because you don't find It funny while they do think It is

@Auraculum do you know what a parody is? In case you don't her iis the definition

par·o·dy
noun
an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.
"the movie is a parody of the horror genre"

This is a parody. It follows the same tropes at the trashy and unfunny isekai manga you've seen, but puts them out over the top to highlight its comedic value. It is making fun of those tropes by exaggerating them which is what makes this a great comedic isekai. The main character goes out of his way to "become a mob" even
inventing his own martial art to perfect the act of faking a loss beautifully.
If he didn't go over the top yes it would be boring and not fun, but that's because it wouldn't be a parody. Also, we've literally only seen like 2 non-evil guys which are his mob-friends. There are probably stronger people, it's just his view of the world is focused only on those two weaklings.

You just shitted on all parody literature without even knowing what a parody is.

@farhvt I've never seen people get so mad at an incredible piece of parody before. To actually highlight and recognise the points that make this over the top and an incredible parody yet fail to see how that plays into the style is legitimately insane, starting to think most of the people commenting are just jumping on the hate train from some other forum

@KrispyBak0n is probably because they’re mad that their favorite manga didn’t green-lit in place of this so they’re salty.

Users who are viewing this thread