Kage no Kyuuteimajutsushi - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Salary Thief — Arrival to the Battleground of Flames.

Dex-chan lover
Manga artstyle's quite familiar, I think its the same style they used for some Fire Emblem 4koma manga under the name Kotoni Shiroishi. The chibis are the same.

Dex-chan lover
Breaking through is one thing, but how did he plan to deal with the disparity in numbers?...

I think I'll keep translating this one. Even though the MC's pretty chatty, he's snarky and quite fun. He's pretty smart in some ways, but pretty dumb in others (your plan to save the princess was basically just to full-scale charge them?! And that was after you basically waxed poetic about your favorite novel). But, overall, I don't really consider him edgy like the trend seems to be for MCs these days. More like...smart, lazy, and kind of reckless. I do like that he tries to come up with his own plans.

And the fact that the author totally trolled Isekai manga with the book "Alternate World School" is a pretty funny joke. xD

Double-page supporter
Why do people think this guy is edgy? He's a typical lazy MC who will only bother himself in the plot because he sort of likes the cute girl who believes in him.

Should be interesting to see if he can help this princess get the throne and save the kingdom.

Dex-chan lover
So there's an ongoing webnovel for this.
https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9058fn/

LN Vol 2 just came out 2 days ago.
https://ebookjapan.yahoo.co.jp/books/582603/A002413356/

@Chizan
WN implies he took advantage of the panic to break through and reach the princess. Next stage will be to turn the battle in her favour.

@Fstubbs @APersonOnAComp
Laziness born of survival instinct and risk aversity; apparently. It should be explained in detail over the next chapters, if it follows WN content.

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused about the Isekai aspect. The MC says the Japanese people got transported to a world "like" theirs, and not specifically theirs. So how would anyone know about it? Also, He says something like "oh, it's another world school this time", like he's reading from a Light Novel. Are the books the things that are Isekai-ing? I guess it's only the first chapter, but I'm already super confused.

Banned
@Greenfrost

it's just a novel. The dude used a "fictional strategy" from a book he read while slacking off in the library.

The author is trolling the audience by this.

Users who are viewing this thread