Kage no Kyuuteimajutsushi - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Salary Thief — Arrival to the Battleground of Flames.

@zz2000 Maybe I'll read the raw LN at some point. I try not to on series that I'm translating in order to look at the manga I'm translating with fresh eyes in order to not let it color my translation. I also like reading it when I don't know what's happening because otherwise translating it ends up feeling like a chore more than something interesting I'm reading for myself.
I had a feeling that it came from risk aversion. The tone of the manga seems to foreshadow something like that.

@Greenfrost @Shinigamisama Since it seems like there's some confusion, @someunregpunk is correct. The MC is basically just a recluse who likes to read a lot. The book he's referencing is literally titled "Alternate World School." In the book, he's referencing a character that he liked as he's recalling it. Then, he uses a strategy that he read in that book. And yes, the author is DEFINITELY trolling the Isekai Manga Community by doing this. I laughed so hard when I read it the first time! Keep in mind that the MC is a librarian and there aren't just record chronicles there like he and the princess were talking about. He reads everything there, so that includes fictional works! Maybe I should ask our Typesetter to underline the titles from now on since they seem generic enough that they're mistaken for not being titles. I thought putting them in quotes might be enough, but maybe it would be better for clarity's sake?

@xwhiteray Because you want to troll Isekai Manga fans? Imagine them coming to read this because they wanted Isekai just to read the author's Isekai troll. xD

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm just gotta wait and see how this develops from here on.. At least it looks promising

Fed-Kun's army
I’m not sure how effective setting an ox on fire and urging it into the enemy is but hey if setting boars on fire worked against trained elephants then I guess this is fine?

Users who are viewing this thread