Kageno Datte Seishun Shitai

Contributor
Unfortunately I don't have the first few chapters of Kageno (they were done by yet another group) but they are hanging around on other sites, most notably batoto and the actual group's forum. (Though you have to make an account on their forum to access the chapters, which is why I didn't bother.) If the description seems interesting, then give Kageno a try! It's super cute on top of being absolutely hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes it's a bit melodramatic like many shoujo romance narratives, but the slapstick and fluff balances out the derivitiveness of the plot devices. Definitely an entertaining read so far. Thanks to the scanlaters and uploaders!

Love and hate for this series.
I have bought this comics which has been licensed in my country until volume 4.
But in my case, this does not really convince me to buy with passion. You can say I kinda lost interest but still want to see the rest. It's so-so.

This is very friendly and positive in many ways. But not great.
I'm pretty entertained with the main character who always made as chibi and gag. But most people who comment (in the old batoto) think it's a little bit disturbed. This is just my subjective impression, but to be honest, I don't like when she was too a coward. While the purpose of this manga is the growth of the character itself. It's contradiction.

It's quite predictable. Not something new when a perfect person comes to help like a prince on a white horse and her life changes. And then she tries her best and can slowly mingle with people around her.
Shows the innocence of friendship between each character, love silly moments and many more.

I admit, I like the positiveness from this manga. Just like the story of youth and their school lives. It isn't melodrama, you can tell by just seeing. Because melodrama tends to heavy. This is average.
And it's pretty funny, there are some parts that make me laugh.

jak

Contributor
I really like this series and I get the female lead is small, but I wish she wasn't drawn in her little chibi form that makes her look even smaller all the time.

Chap 40: WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ENDING LOL more shennanigans I presume

For the record, Yuki doesnt really look ugly. By fashion standards though, lame or homely. Hope this still updates or updat3 someday.

Dex-chan lover
Though a strange one, I genuinely like it. Even at its darker moments its hella good.

This is a bitter sweet ending. Not the actual contents itself but just it ending. This has been one of my favorite shoujo manga ever. It’s funny and has a good blend of romance. I am said and happy to see it finish. Sad that it’s ending already and happy that I get to see them happy. Of you thinking about reading this give it a chance. Thanks for listening to my Essay and I hope you all have a great day.

It’s frustrating when the story is good but the artist insists on drawing the main character as a tiny caricature of a 4 year old child.

Personally I feel pity for the people who drop it halfway.. idk why they did it though.. this is such a light and refreshing and quite new and also some scenes are not cliche .. plus it's hilarious af I've been laughing my ass off the whole day (I finished this in a day) XD

When I read the first chapter I thought it will be generic and already planned to drop it skskksksks but I'm glad I didn't...

Last arc was a bit touched I cried a bit XD it's I can't.. awwwwwwww TT^TT

Plus I love how everyone's so so kind TT^TT and of course mitsunaga himself.. the best.. (added to the crush list) XD he's too nice I cannot...

For those who want some heavy romance please don't read this if you're looking for that stuff and get disappointed afterwards.. like one of the comments in what chapter I forgot but it's so rude I wish it got deleted..

This manga is really light and not heavy at all.. most of it is hilarious too... The only thing we readers want is that kageno would have a couple more scene when she's all dressed up and not chibi XD sksksksks

All in all thanks to all people who contributed to this manga.. thanks so much for you guys I can read this till the end TT^TT ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

THANKS FOR THE AUTHOR TOO!! I'll definitely check out your other works and maybe one day I'll reread this cuz this is funny skskskskkskjsjsksks not many shoujo is like this thoo with all the nice characters too

Great story. Tho i really wanted to see kageno in non-chibi form alot more.
The ending really made me cry. It's very touching 😊

Dex-chan lover
I started this series years ago, it feels great that I was able to finish reading it. Overall I think it's a solid shoujo with over the top comedy and good amounts of fluff (I was surprised at how much fluff there was actually). The characters are great; I remember one of the main reasons I stuck with this was because the male MC wasn't the arrogant type and was just a really nice guy (almost too nice sometimes xD). I like Kageno but she may be annoying to those that don't prefer characters with extreme low self-esteem. But seriously, she's so cute and hilarious, what's not to like? I definitely recommend this if you're looking for something lighthearted and fun with moderate doses of doki doki moments.

Although I like this series, I do have some criticisms. I kinda wish they didn't go with the one arc per chapter format (it's not always one chapter but that was the flow). Because of this many characters only show up once and sometimes it really does feel like the 'problem' in that arc wasn't ultimately that important (eg. Kageno's childhood friend). It also made the series feel too much like a 'Kageno and Mitsunaga helps others to solve their problems' kind of thing. I preferred the beginning where there was more flow and continuity, and the character development for the side characters actually mattered. Which brings me to the second thing I wish the story had focused on: the side characters. As much as I enjoyed the focus on the main characters, I really wanted to see progression for their friends too. Since this manga had a heavy friendship theme, it seemed weird that the story never once focused on those side characters after they meet the main pair.

Despite those complaints I still think this is a rare gem among shoujo stories. One of my favourite aspects of the story is the fact that even though there is significant character development, the couple stay essentially as themselves and that's okay. Things like, Mitsunaga stays chill and not overly expressive and Kageno doesn't get any smarter LOL. I'm also okay with the amount of times Kageno was in her natural form. She wasn't in her usual chibi form that much near the end of the story and I thought it was a good way to mark the climax haha. I do wish we saw them get married though! But the proposal scene was really cute so I'm fine with that.

Users who are viewing this thread