Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Vol. 21 Ch. 209 - Dreams

Dex-chan lover
zKkn6s8.gif

This is a climax for a very long build up.
I mean, Shinomiya is already in the palm of her brother since she is a child.
Why do you think that even her close aide (Hayasaka) is a spy from her brother?

But despite all of that, Shinomiya tried to break free from the chain of her family. And this is the reaction of her brother who see her as a pawn.

Probably, Shinomiya will ally herself with the third brother Un'yo to gain power from within. Because, he and Shinomiya is basically the same before and he still can be reason and have sentimental to do so.

Dex-chan lover
@heartmade_fm It's slightly off topic but the author is good at touching on topics around in this day and age that are problems and addressing them seriously. He's doing the same in his other current work too with suicide from online abuse.

Fed-Kun's army
as others have said, I like how Akasaka is able to openly portray and address modern social ills in his works

)'.')b

"If violence isn't solving your problems, you probably aren't using enough of it."
-some guy

Hlz

Seems bit odd that we have had chapters where Hayasaka proudly launches "looks are live ammo" and other "use people with any means necessary" stuff yet now it tosses 180 degree turn and goes all for "UWAAAH!!!! Curse the Partiarchy!!".

Seems more like a setting for rugpull.. her reading it too deep and all she had to do is say she already has a boyfriend.. that wouldve made it case closed.

Dex-chan lover
i'm getting domestic girlfriend flashbacks, I don't know if this's gonna end well

We all know this is gonna have a happy ending, so as far as I’m concerned this is all just pointless melodrama.

It’s getting kinda old...

Dex-chan lover
I don't think this drama is pointless. It has been emphasized since the beginning that the Shinomiya family and their tradition will be the biggest hurdle they have to tackle in order for them to be together.
It is the main sticking point of the series, the difference in status, the difference in world-view.

man, i miss the old love is war, where kaguya and miyuki would devise funny plans to make the other confess. Now as many have pointed out, it's adding too much drama, kinda like domestic girlfriend did, which made me drop it.

don't get me wrong, i like character development but this theme is beyond recycled...

Dex-chan lover
I like the way the story is turning out. Rehashing simple comedy over and over would get boring. The plot has to go somewhere, and it just makes sense for it to become more serious as the cast of characters grows older and is forced into adulthood as they approach graduation.

Edit: grammar

Group Leader
@Hlz the brother mentioned knowing she's seeing someone, so that won't work. Probably if she *only* tells him off by saying she's dedicated to being with Shirogane, he could just ruin her life without batting an eye.

Users who are viewing this thread