Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Vol. 21 Ch. 209 - Dreams

oh wow. this happened.

i'm not bothered though. it's just a manga so I don't feel the need to curse/hate the authors like some people around here...
i say just enjoy the ride, and if it goes bad, jump ship to another manga lol

Double-page supporter
I was *estatic* when I saw the new chapter and I rushed to my computer and opened it with a joyful face and was greeted by this ACTUAL BULLSHIT.

please just get ducking married alreayd

Man, this author is better at comedy than drama. I hope Shirogane comes up with some weird plan to tear down the whole Shinomiya household and it's done.

@Phoenix_VII They aren't gods, but they are rich as fuck multi-trillionaire that can probably drown the US immigration office in money to send Kaguya back with any means necessary, and killing off Shirogane while being at it.

Oh no, sensible drama in a relationship. Time to have a mental breakdown on the internet!

Dex-chan lover
ludicrous, evil anti-patriarchy writing. tars the whole manga. it's so over the top it doesn't even make sense (he doesn't care if she's chaste?)

girls are under the authority of their fathers and then their husbands, by natural law.

@cksn
"girls are under the authority of their fathers and then their husbands, by natural law."
What makes you think the "natural law" supports patriarchy?
"Anthropological, archaeological and evolutionary psychological evidence suggests that most prehistoric societies were relatively egalitarian, and that patriarchal social structures did not develop until many years after the end of the Pleistocene era, following social and technological developments such as agriculture and domestication. According to Robert M. Strozier, historical research has not yet found a specific "initiating event". " I got that from Wikipedia, you could also look at The Origins of Sex Differences in Human Behavior by Alice H. Eagly and Wendy Wood

Even if it was "natural"
Do you hunt via persistence hunting or forage for your food? Agriculture is very unnatural
Do you only eat raw food? The domestication of fire isn't natural
Do you ensure that you are perpetually as physically fit as possible to defend the women under your 'authority", ie, as you are now, could you fight off another aggressive male? Who knows what natural predators could be round the corner
Invoking the naturalistic fallacy is never a good idea

@Setsura Hilarious. If this is possible then why don't we have some real life stories of this happening? Because, things don't work that way! If Kaguya is qualified to enter the US then all the attempted bribery in the world won't prevent her from getting in. Hitmen are slightly more plausible but still an incredibly stupid risk to take.

@Phoenix_VII Because this is fictional story. In real life, Zaibatsus have already gone extinct after World War II. Zaibatsus in essence are similar to Rothschild family in those conspiracy theories, except they truly control the country from behind the scene in real life but not as influential as Rothschild. I mean, just look at this chapter, Shinomiya Group managed to acquire Papagane's corporation without any detriment whatsoever. It's a clear evidence to how powerful they are.

And whether or not bribery is possible in US. If Trump managed to become President, then everything is possible. You speak as if USA is the pinacle of purity when it's nothing but.

Uh, no, Trump didn't get elected through bribery and I don't hold the US as the pinnacle of purity. LOL, I consider the country to be an oligarchy, but that doesn't mean people are going to break the law to help a bunch of rich assholes from another country when their jobs and lives are on the line.

Even in this country, because of modern laws and an easily roused media, there are limits to how much rich people can go after individuals. They can destroy smaller companies at times, sure, but they're not going to fucking kidnap somebody. That's horseshit. And so what if this is a fictional story? I'm sick of it appearing in EVERY FUCKING STORY that has a rich family. It's overdone and I fucking hate it.

Fed-Kun's army
this chapter makes me sick to the stomach. i already miss the chapters where it was all fun and games and while the heartbreak hurt it didnt have the consequences that this one seems it will have. id say pull a romeo and juliet but im sure Aka has an ending fit for this manga.

i dont even know if once this is all over ill be able to enjoy the rest of the plots.

as if it wasnt obvious people will die once this is all said and done. but we ll get through this together in the comments.

Double-page supporter
What's this? Drama in a romcom that's formed naturally and not through a forced plot device?

Users who are viewing this thread