Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 16 Ch. 155 - Kaguya Shinomiya's Impossible Challenge: "The Swallow's Cowry" (Part 3)

Dex-chan lover
i think that's priapism territory dude

you must find THE LOVE DOCTOR and MODERN NURSE

Double-page supporter
What a whore Ishigami deserves better
Tsubame was just scare ok but she just needed to tell him instead of offering pity sex

OOOOF

@Scoottie no evil here. it's just people being people. Ishigami thought Tsubame was a great person but he doesn't really know her that much. We don't really know much about Tsubame's character but maybe she rejected him because she doesn't really like him romantically. And all those stuff that she said, even though it's true, she only said it not to hurt Ishigami's feelings. Or maybe she's lonely because even though it's Christmas eve or whatever, her parents is not around so she did that. Well there's a lot of possible reason why she rejected Ishigami but the point is, they're just being human.

Group Leader
the Man of Culture Award goes to Ishigami! Unfortunately the ship has sunk!!! I REPEAT THE SHIP HAS SUNK. MOVE YOUR BAGGAGE TO IINO x ISHIGAMI SHIP ASAP! ELSE YOU WILL DI.. err BE PISSED OFF.

Pretty sure it's not the end for Ishigami x Tsubame ship. I mean, since he refused to sleep with her without dating her, it only showed that his feelings for her weren't empty, and she realized that night. If he accepted that one night stand, it would be over than and there, but since he refused, it makes him look even better in her eyes. Basically, it shows that his love is more important than sex for him.

So yeah, I don't think it's the end, after Tsubame realized all of this. The real question is, will it be too late, if she now tries to get him back.

Also I don't get why people are calling her whore, this is bullshit. She doesn't sleep with random people, and it was just a speculation that she offered him pity sex. She liked him, but didn't love him (at least not yet), so it wasn't weird for her to want to sleep with him. It wasn't necessarily a pity sex.

All this could just be a test to see whether he truly loves her or just wants her body, for all we know. Also a bit cruel test, if that's the case.

Aggregator gang
What's the verdict? Has she done it before or is she fine giving her first to our Ishigami-kun?

many of you giving some theory/speculation...but have you read chapter before this ?
in chapter 116, where tsubame give us some explaination about story "The devoted heart"
its a love story about completely surrendering one's heart to one lover
and i think tsubame-senpai is one of delusional love about "Love story" ... like titanic or romeo & juliet, thats make it creepy

Edit : and the date ishigami give tsubame-senpai to answer is in march.. anytime in march..
and this time is christmas, we still have hope ! TSUBAME-senpai ~
BnKCh62.jpgs
LszWspi.jpgs

I respect Ishigami for wanting love over sex. He's obviously physically attracted to her, but he doesn't want to just give it away to someone with insincere feelings. Ishigami poured his heart out and she deflected it, and decided to offer a one night stand over a relationship. That hits right where it hurts; if there's anything worse than rejection, it's pity.

Still, we don't know much about Tsubame. She's showing more of her true colors away from prying eyes, but she is putting serious thought into her answer. Understandably, it's quite the predicament. Tsubame doesn't even fully understand her own feelings for Ishigami. She's interested in him, but not so much that she wants to be with him. And since she's going to graduate, therefore making the relationship more long distance, she latched onto that reasoning so she'd feel better about rejecting Ishigami.

However, the resolution of this chapter might've changed Tsubame's mind. Now she sees Ishigami as a person with truly genuine feelings for her rather than just another boy hoping to get lucky. Tsubame is still a jerk for being so inconsiderate, but it's finally a flaw of hers we have witnessed. So many times in the past we've only seen her high points, and now her character is more grounded.

Previous chapters indicate a whole Tsubame vs Iino arc. Ishigami is likely going to be involved with multiple events that drastically alter his perception of both his beloved upperclassmen and his disliked classmate. This chapter is the one that shakes Ishigami's view of Tsubame. The chapter that goes in Iino's favor is likely coming up soon.

Honestly, the final judgement is up in the air. No ship has sailed nor have sunk. Who knows what will come next that can blindside the whole situation.

Honestly, I think things are better this way and I hope the ship has sunk (sorry Ishigami x Tsubame shippers). I don't think this is the end of Tsubame in the story because we still need to get to delve deeper into her thoughts and motivations regarding what happened this chapter because I feel like there's more to it and there's still time left until the deadline, but I don't think she and Ishigami will end up together. Why? Because regardless of Tsubame's level of interest in him Ishigami himself considers himself beneath her. He puts Tsubame on this pedestal without really knowing her (and I think on some level Tsubame realizes this). Simply put, they're not on equal standings in his eyes, and no relationship can work with that kind of mindset. A long distance relationship even moreso. Because in a relationship you're equals. You're supposed to be at least.

This is why I personally think Iino is a far better match for him. They're much more on the same wavelength than Ishigami and Tsubame. They also complement each other very much, almost too much actually, and I've never once felt that Ishigami and Tsubame complement each other. At all. They're just too radically different (arguably so are Iino and Ishigami but I digress) and are in completely different social circles/standings overall. I think Ishigami has a much better chance at happiness and a long term relationship, perhaps even life-long, with Iino. They've always been very cat and dog, but they've always cared for each other deep down, understood each other very well and stood up for/helped the other when it mattered and that's what counts. Iino recently gained a whole new perspective/understanding of Ishigami too during the bonfire, and her behaviour and demeanour around him has changed a lot since then, strongly hinting at romantic feelings. I'm very curious to see what will happen between Ishigami and Iino during the remainder of this night.

Then again, this event may have allowed Tsubame to learn more about Ishigami and gained a new perspective on him. He'd rather do it with someone he's in love with, with a person who feels the same way about him and in a committed relationship with; showing he isn't just a pump and dump kind of guy. He wants love.

To the people calling Tsubame a whore; she very obviously genuinely likes Ishigami or she wouldn't have been willing to give him her first time. Everything we've seen of her shows that she's the opposite of a whore. Tsubame is allowed to want to have sex with Ishigami because she likes him without entering a committed relationship with him. It doesn't make her a whore. I believe the only real thing that Tsubame did wrong here was that she didn't properly tell Ishigami that going out wasn't going to work before they started getting intimate. She should've let Ishigami know beforehand and let him make his decision from there. With that said, Ishigami probably shouldn't have confessed right before doing the deed, but he is our boi and a good boi. He wanted to lose his virginity in a relationship of mutual love and commitment. Tsubame may like him and wanted to give him her first time but she didn't want a relationship due to the long distance. Also, long distance relationships are HELL. Rarely do they work out. I don't blame Tsubame at all. She wanted a nice memory before graduation and to lose her virginity to someone she likes and likes her, but that wasn't enough for Ishigami. It happens. It was one of the most realistic depictions of almost-sex I've ever seen in a manga.

Users who are viewing this thread