Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 16 Ch. 155 - Kaguya Shinomiya's Impossible Challenge: "The Swallow's Cowry" (Part 3)

Group Leader
well, that was actually good... I wanted Ishigami to end up with Senpai, but her reason is a pass for me, so he can go onto iino

acs APPROVES!

I agree with @Ingway

I found Tsubane's decision normal, distance relationships are difficult, not everyone can do it, especially if you just started a relationship and separates after. Does not mean that she does not like Ishigami, after all she did not said anything until now to us be sure, she may like him, but be afraid to take a relationship with him.

And then maybe she thought that having a physical relationship with him, without having to be something with commitment could be something to take advantage of the little time they still have together, does not mean that it could end with just once, it could happen more times and not just sex, and when they separate, both supposedly do not suffer much from it.

But Ishigami understood this proposal as if he were going to be "just one night", he thought she was doing it out of pity for him, and he was rude to her because of it. I can understand his displeasure, but in the end, it's a situation that we do not know the complete truth, and they need to talk.

Dex-chan lover
Damn son... I feel bad for my boy Ishigami, but Tsubame's reason is not unreasonable. In fact it's a very logical one. I believe that she truly likes Ishigami back and not just some bimbo sleeping around. If she's that kind of girl, she would have done it with many guys already since so many have been going after her and adore her like an idol.

In any case, this totally opens up the route with Iino. The damn ending is awesome too, way to flip the mood!

Fed-Kun's army
@Ingway
I'm with you here, and thanks for giving a little bit more hope.
I'm not sure how long the time between this event and the graduation but I think there is plenty of time for her to change her mind. I doubt it after that night, she goes on like "ok, now I told everything I need to Ishigami now I can focus on the future". In any way, him rejecting her offer even makes her think of this matter even more. she is previously shown to actively learn about Ishigami, now this is even more new side of Ishigami for her to think about. I doubt it even more that there will be no more future contact between her and Ishigami, whether to apologize for that night or something else.

though what I'm worried and the stance that Ishigami took after that night, whether he has moved on or not. I think that will ultimately seal who will be at the end.

A moment of silence for our fallen comrade.. may you find new happiness in iino ship..

but for unknown reason i really like that tsubame-senpaiXishigame-kouhai..

Dex-chan lover
@pesimus Hopefully author will put him into a harem relationship because he can't choose between the two. He deserves them (and the shuraba).

Dex-chan lover
My theory is that when he confessed she realized that he doesn't truly love her but actually has a crush on an idealized version of senpai. Bonus points if we are going to learn that the way senpai acts at school is a sort of facade.
I always thought that this ship was going to end with senpai rejecting Ishigami after realizing that his true love is Iino (even if he himself is not aware of it) and that might be what just happened.

Wtf man i had high hopes, this is disappointing this is a big shame smh

Fed-Kun's army
Ishigami has ASCENDED
Even when faced with such a situation he does the honorable thing and bows out. Truly our man of culture. Godspeed you magnificent mangaka for getting straight to the point.
Salute.png

I love how this series evolves or, more properly, matures. in the beginning, they tackled the immature and lighter side of love and now it seems more adult in away.

side note: poor Isihgami was hooked on to her line and was not able to make the cut.

Dex-chan lover
There is no good choice in situations like this.
She is not a whore, she just wanted to spend good time with really great guy, but her logic is strong - long distance relationships is freaking hard (trust me, been there done that) and percent of them going through is to low (especially if you totally change your environment).
And for Ishigami - if he don't ask before and just do it - he would be emotionally destroyed after. Same if they had sex after such conversation - knowing that it's only one time thing and you can't have more than only 1 time sex... In this situation not knowing what it feels like to be with girl you like is better than have a glimpse and knowing that it's only you can get.
Anyway, it's sad. But opened a new way for our best boy.
And the ending of this chapter hilarious and ruin the ad mood (which is a good thing in this situation, author really did great).

Dex-chan lover
Strange... why would Tsubame put the moves on him if she wasnt going to commit?
She doesnt seem the type to casually do that

Group Leader
LDRs are insanely tough, and if you don't want to do it in the first place, you don't love the person enough to commit. Source: me

Dex-chan lover
Ishigami, slayer of thots, remained principled even in ultimate adversity

Dex-chan lover
@_i_is_weeaboo_ You pretty much nailed it. I went and checked the the demographic afterwards because this was very much a ‘seinen ‘ chapter. This series often surprises.

Users who are viewing this thread