Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 20 Ch. 201 - Koyasu Tsubame wants to Overwrite

Dex-chan lover
so how many ch. 201 are we gonna get? I bet more than 7 less than 11

Ah, I think I understand. So the idea here is to cut out the unnecessary details like the guy was blackmailing people and the various other scummy shit that he did which would make the story appear outlandish to people, by keeping it just to an affair it becomes more believable. The rumor will be doubted by people since it's 'convenient' and it is happening so long after the fact, but that seems to be part of the plan, the people most likely to be skeptical of it will probably then also start to question the original rumor and may look deeper into things, either they'll pull out of things because there's nothing to go off of or they might stumble upon the truth, which in of itself could then spread with so many people theoretically looking for it, and by people finding out the truth for themselves the guy would lose the ability to control the narrative because they would have stumbled upon the truth because they doubted him. If someone informs the guy about this plan, he can't really do anything about it, if he fights it too hard that will make it look more true, and if he does nothing then people will play into the plan. The plan certainly has something to hang your hat on, and given that this is the top school around banking on the idea of having a lot of smart/skeptical people look into things isn't really unreasonable, on top of that there's not a whole lot else that could be done at this stage. This plan also wouldn't have worked coming from the student counsel because there's very few of them and they're very prominent so trying to force a rumor like that would be pretty easily exposed, meanwhile now we're having a lot of people from various groups who have basically nothing to gain (since most of them are about to leave) roped into believing this, they'll be able to spread it quite far and make it look organically since they each only need to tell a few people each, and just let things proceed naturally from there. Still a bit shaky in my book but they do recognize that, and I can't really think of a better way to try to set things up in a favorable way.

Fed-Kun's army
@JKTV @BlazingMagpie @sybj
wrong, Ogino was talking about lending his gf without her knowing. Basically, he was planning on prostitute her (thats the shady business) making her think she was with him. The seniors changed that parto of the story bc the shock would be greater for her than thinking it was a simple cheating, also it would protect her "honour".

Both translations felt a bit off so I don't think I understood what the actual plan that "Only Tsubame-senpai could think of" was. In the end, the master plan was just to spread different rumors?

Fed-Kun's army
@ClevrRaven
Nope, Tsubame is 3rd year, Kaguya, Miyuki and Fujiwara are finishing 2nd year, Ishigami and Miko are 1st year. You kind of messed up there.

I have never really understood all these issues about "rumors" that always appear in school themed manga. We never had anything like that in my school in Spain. Then again, there were only like 3 classes for each grade and only 2 for the last 2 grades (since they are not mandatory). There wasn't a big enough student body for it to spread without everyone knowing who started it. We also had little to no interaction with people of other grades (or even classes in the same grade), much less someone with 2 years of difference. There were absolutely nobody that was famous or well-known. We didn't have any form of student council, clubs or extracurricular activities. Anyone who wanted to do something like that had to go to an external institution. Manga school life has always looked absurdely complicated to me. When we finished school, we either went home or to spent time somewhere with friends (and a lot of people 16 years of older spent the weekends drinking in the street).

In manga, there are always some complex plan and hidden intentions for each and every rumor. They act like it's a super serious problem, even if no one is being actively bullied. Sometimes, even the teachers hear the rumors and start questioning the person in question. And when they start making plans like this one, it is just way too exagerated.

Dex-chan lover
This is not going to end well. Poor Ishigami is getting pitied.

Fed-Kun's army
@maelstroon
It's the graduation of the seniors, Kaguya and Miyuki as sophomores at this time. But Koyasu is a senior, so she wants to do something about Ishigami before she leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread