Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 4 Ch. 31 - Miyuki Shirogane Can't Lose

Dex-chan lover
"i know, right? *pointed up glasses *cling!" Ah i need her

Oh i could foresee the later 'love advice' ch with the girl losing her 4th place as the problem

Dex-chan lover
Man, this is one of the strongest chapters.
Level 1: it's really hilarious. All these "that was a lie", lol. Especially king's and queen's reactions at the end.
Level 2: it's really lifelike. Especially Ishigami, yeah. Poor, poor Fujiwara.
Level 3:
you are being told a story about a poor boy who by some miracle got into awesomely prestigious school and met a goddess. Girl with many talents, and a real beauty. The only way for him to stand and prove that he is worthy (both with school and goddess) is to be №1 in studies. You see the story unfold before your eyes, about an enormous pressure, and about staking everything upon a single goal.
This is here when I started to respect Kaicho. Honestly, first I believed him that he doesn't feel anything any more about his victories, and got sad. Then I got caught (see level 1) and laughed quite a while and thought that Shirogane is all the same stupid. Then I came to a conclusion that he deserves this moment of joy. Man, he even got to a near-sick state to get first place. That's kinda posession, but I'll let it slide. I always was the type of "lazy genius" at school.

Shirogane on the last page

cover7.jpg

I feel it was a bit played for laughs there at the end but I can't help but grow increasingly worried about Shirogane. The way he conducts himself in regards to his studies and work that even requires a caffeine addiction to keep up is a bit disturbing. I don't know how serious this manga is so maybe they won't delve too deeply into this and it'll just be one of those background things to poke fun at and stuff, but it does worry me and makes me wonder what will come out of this if it's not thrown to the sidelines, because it doesn't seem anywhere near healthy or sustainable although apparently it's nothing new so he's probably been at it for a good long while.

Double-page supporter
I just love this manga.
My favourite chapter so far. And the translation's top notch too!

Users who are viewing this thread