Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Dex-chan lover
A LOT of people praise this but holy fucking shit is it generic, couldn't get through the first few volumes

maybe you all didn't like it because the translation is so damn bad, the image quality is also pretty bad in places.
I really liked the anime, gave it an 8 out of 10 and that ended at around volume 8, which means there are 10 more volumes worth for me to read, hopefully i will enjoy them just as much, but i'm reading the rest offline since i have to official Viz translation 2 in 1 edition.

One of my all time favorites. Yah it has its cliches but the feelings that Usui shows really make it sweet. Lots of character development and its not only focused on the main couple. I ended up caring for a lot of the characters.

i'd consider this to be one of those quintessential, must-read shoujo - some of it is going to feel outdated (though most shoujo has problematic moments from a western perspective especially) - but it's a funny story and a charming read. the lead is stubborn and strong-willed and her love interest is always forthcoming about his interest in her.. the art get way better as you read on too!

Its a fun and light hearted manga. There might be a little tragedy but its not super heavy which I like. I really like the side characters too and I find myself smiling or even turning red myself in some intense bits. I do think it starts to lose its sense here and there as far as interactions with each other which shoujos so often do but maybe thats because im from the west.

I really like it though and I love that the characters are able to stick to their personalities while also developing and there are sweet moments as far as just interactions (not necessarily romantic) that catches me smiling or feeling content. I recommend it!

Such a good manga! It got me hooked. Best manga I've read so far. Really really good. Totally recommend it!!!

Fed-Kun's army
It's extremely generic and shallow. Doesn't really have other aspects to even it out. The last volumes are torture. Wildly overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread