Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi - Vol. 3 Ch. 13.2

@CyanHide I'll take that dare.

Ever heard of necromancy? You probably think it's all zombies and skeletons and jazz, but depending on where you look, it's not all that. For instance in the Forgotten Realms, necromancy is the type of magic that focuses on controlling the power of death, unlife, and lifeforce, essentially the modification of all living things. While it includes raising undead, it spans to things such as instant death spells or draining your target of energy, and guess what, also healing the living. That last one's debated, but for a time healing spells were considered necromancy spells.

And in case you haven't noticed, pretty much everything Keyaru did was modifying living matter, on a grander scale, where if he had a battery with sufficient magical power - the Philosopher's Stone - he could reverse the entire world back in time. The only side effect is that he experiences everything his targets ever felt, specifically their pain and agony.

But when you're stabbed a thousand times in a row, a million times each time, what's another thousand stabs?

So there's your handwave.

@snowwolf163 I gift you with this cake. I dunno why, but I felt like I should do something for you for that one.

@ShogunHachi Yeah like, the hell happened in the anime? Why was she there? Why did she die? Why did she smile when she thought he was raping her? Why couldn't he heal her, even if she were already dead, since he reversed the whole world and everybody that died when he reversed it also came back?

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIIIIOOOOONSSS

Dex-chan lover
@R-Mod thank you, I am genuinely grateful for that explanation. I think I’m starting to understand some of the story better.

@CyanHide Even without the Forgotten Realms' definition of necromancy, it's pretty obvious that everything he does is modifying living beings. It's even stated early on that what he's doing is reversing them into a different state in time, which requires him to first experience its past experiences. And that's just the standard Recover spell, everything else is reversing it in time and then advancing it rapidly to the shape he desires. That's how he changes people's faces and appearances.

Dex-chan lover
@R-Mod It’s just confusing since it’s all mostly just called “healing” and yet has a mix of biological and time manipulation

@CyanHide It's a really loose definition of healing. To heal is to mend a flaw or ailment. When you can't conventionally fix something, you reshape it from scratch. That's pretty much what he's doing: reversing the process to rebuild living matter, in an effort to remove the flaws he sees, the flaws being anything disadvantageous to him in that particular instance.

No cuz it was so obvious that something was going to happen to his village.. Like, does MC only have foresight to things that already happened to him? Can't think of obvious courses of action the villains gonna take? This guy lived through 2 lifetimes but doesn't seem wiser than the average person, maybe even less wise - honestly wouldn't be surprised with how much the drugs probably fucked his brains but still.

This is the second time I'm reading it and this shit somehow hit me even harder, never thought I would drop a manga because of something that happened in old chapters... Well, fuck this author and anyone that takes keyaru seriously 🖕

Users who are viewing this thread