Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi - Vol. 6 Ch. 25.1

Dex-chan lover
@criver: Yepp, he is a villain. Totally concur. No room for discussions there. (Only for nitpicking about what a "anti-hero" and a villain are in a dramaturgical way. Still he has become a bad person. The end.)

Your also right about "an eye for an eye" being a barbaric policy, but it is also a very fundamental part of our sense of justice. Surly it is on the level of a primitive instinct, but that's also the reason most people understand that concept and it works as an deterrent for the most part. (Sometimes some people do believe they can't be caught/capital punishment can't come for them (It is simply impossible in their minds, like a teenage train surfer can't really realize the possibility of dying.) or they don't care. In those cases it might not work.) Also, as it is like an instinct, it is satiable. Sometimes there is not enough revenge, but the cruel truth is, it does fill your stomach to a certain degree. Sometimes to the point you can move on.
Nevertheless, redemption and rehabilitation are the superior ways of handling things in societies, which can afford them, but even those have a down side. In some cases they don't work.

The setting of this story is a primitive cruel world, and here is where I might deviate from your (valid) opinion. Maybe I can share my POV with you: She is a dangerous being and would kill again, if left alone. That society isn't strong enough for R'n'R. And even if it would be, she is so mentally ill, she would have to be locked away for the rest of her life. Her death due to the absence of alternatives is the way to save more lives. (Well, the MC could memory heal her, but...he is a villain, who has been hurt, so he won't.)

What I don't get is why he told her about his circumstances. What if she has been bugged? Or she somehow escapes? He could have had his revenge, even without telling her about his personal reasons. ...Maybe so he can get his fill, but it's still stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Let me go into detail about how this is the perfect means for her death in both symbolism and irony.

Not only does it force her to go through the same traumatic experience of having to be sexually assaulted and dominated by people she's not attracted to, which is what she forced upon other women, but it also has some symbolism in that she was basically "eating her own," so to say, by slaughtering her own people and killing defenselessly girls and civilians who did nothing to provoke or harm her. There's a delicious irony to her fate which, while twist, is befitting.

I've actually discussed in this thread why I think I like this manga and how it poses some interesting moral and ethical dilemmas, and that there's an interesting and nuanced conversation to be had about if MC is justified or not. The author intentionally sprinkles in some information that makes it appear as if MC is actually making the world a better place, despite the fact that his methods to those ends is repugnant and that the improving of the lives of the citizens and people of the world is an unintended side effect of his revenge. It's like if I asked you what you would have to do to Adolf Hitler before what you did was considered too far, and where that line would be drawn. It's complicated, and I like how the manga doesn't really offer a clear answer. @criver @Qelix

Then again, I'm used to setting where there is no good guys, like Warhammer 40k, where the closest factions to being considered good are the Imperium of Man, a genocidal and imperialistic regime with fascist iconography where your existence is utterly worthless and you're nothing but a disposable cog in the war machine, the Craftworld Eldar, who are a dying race that believes in wiping out humanity for their own existence and will unquestionably sacrifice the lives of trillions of others if it means saving a few of their own, and the T'au, who are a new empire with a strict racial hierarchy known for mind-controlling, sterilizing, and exterminating people because of their devotion of the "greater good." It gets worse from there.

Dex-chan lover
I have a inkling that his "I'll let you go" is simply "I'll let you go...TO THE NEXT DIMENSION!"

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane nice analysis. Yeah, if you look past the "entertainment", there are many philosophical discussions to be had about this story. The fact that Kearu's justice is depraved yet fitting at the same time can be said to be both wrong and right, though I'll go with wrong. He could just kill her, since the result in the end is the same, but he was never trying to be "righteous" in the first place. He's broken and everyone, including himself, knows it, yet his broken self is doing more good in this world than any of the heroes could.

Dex-chan lover
I think because isekai as numbed people into thinking most of manga is escapist fantasies, and because this has the smut tag, that this is an escapist revenge fantasy, which I think is disingenuous. Really, there is nothing about MC's situation that you would want to be in. He's a broken shell of man who's understanding of the world as degraded into sociopathy due to the trauma and experiences of those around him, and, ironically, it's the only thing keeping him from rotting away at this point.

But, thanks. I really think that this manga is overly hated and that the deeper and more interesting points of potential analysis are overshadowed by the surface elements and how everyone is willing to just stamp it as "edgy shit" and leave. If nothing else, it's a well-executed story and everything makes sense in terms of both a logical through line whilst rising its questions in a way that facilitates a potentially interesting discussion. And so the way I think people just dismiss it offhandedly is a bit understating and surface-level. @firosahoge

Dex-chan lover
This is a really satisfying revenge. Forced to participate actively in a gang bang with the kind of people that disgust her the most, not being able to relent for a moment. The best revenge yet I'd say.

@Tamerlane That makes me wonder how many people actually forgot this isn't an isekai. I know you're not implying it is but there's so few non-isekai fantasy world mangas recently that I wouldn't be surprised if people actually did think it was.

Some of you have gone full feminazi in this comments section 😅

Dex-chan lover
Yeah...That's an issue in and of itself.

The worst is when it's just tacked-on and NOTHING is done to develop the characters or expand upon how being in another world impacts them. Like they never think back to their previous life and just pretend nothing ever happened. That's my biggest pet peeve... @KazumiSangaku

Dex-chan lover
Kinda hope she makes it through the night then gets the mind overwrite treatment too honestly, cause that fluffy is too good to just die, she's cuter than all the other characters who just got their asses overwritten.

Users who are viewing this thread