Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi - Vol. 7 Ch. 27.1

@Wildfire_desu it could be possible that he simulates the events. To return the matter to it's original configuration. I think altering a whole timeline for an object is much more complex an argument for why he can do what he does.

And like I said in my previous comment manipulating timelines would not explain why he needs to ingest poison to create an antidote if he could just alter his own timeline to already have the antidote. He needed to create the antibody to understand its structure so he could reproduce it. That leans more to him having a matter manipulation ability.

If he had the ability to just alter a timeline like you said, to the degree that he could alter how people look, then creating antidotes would be trivial to him. In fact, he could have just altered his timeline to already have immunity from the drugs he was given. Yet it took him a month, after already building up some resistance, to get immunity.

Aggregator gang
@CrimsonxxMana firstly you completely disregard how, with that kind of ability, the philosopher stone sent him back in time, if it's supposed to amplify abilities. plus, his plan involved appearing extremely weak and getting captured, maybe this is why he did things in a convoluted way with the poison resistance

@Wildfire_desu Did you not read my first post properly? As I said in that post it is highly possible that he reverted the world back to the state it was 4 years ago. Time travel isn't the only way of achieving what would seem like undoing events. In fact this sort of thing also happened in Darker than Black when the MC, Hei obtained something similar to the philosopher's stone. And there was another story, which I can't recall the name of right now, which also had the MC reverting a world to the state it was many years ago.

I'm not saying that it wasn't his plan to appear weak. But if he had the ability to alter time then he would have never had his mind broken for a month till his resistance to the drug built up making him immune. He stated he didn't know how long it would take to counteract the effects of the drug. He used the initial 5 days to build up as much immunity as he could. And he made a point to try and build it up as much as he could. If he had time altering abilities he could have achieved what he wanted instantly, couldn't he?

If he could just alter time then he would have altered his time to a point where he was immune to the drug and just faked being effected by it. Or at least brought his resistance to the drug to a point where it would only affect him for a day or two. But he couldn't do that.

And I don't understand your reasoning behind him trying to appear to be weak as the reason behind his poison resistance being so convoluted. Even assuming it was the case at the start, it doesn't make sense why he would continue to do this in a convoluted way later in the story. Why would he ever need to ingest poison to create a cure for poisoned water? It makes literally no sense if he could just alter a timeline. He could just alter time on the water or his body to already possess what is needed to cure people.

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro

Surprised he didn't harness the true and omnipotent power of the one and only deity of the thousand dildos, MoistCritikal- the penguinz0, the Hunger Games Actor, the one and only, Charles Xavier "Charlie" White Jr.

Only then can he truly defeat and overcome any and all adversaries.

@CrimsonxxMana @Wildfire_desu I gotta agree on both of you for this one. He can’t give himself skills, he can only steal from others using Stimulation (Heal) skill, which allows him to gain fighting skills and experience from that person and Copy (heal) to copy or steal the levels of a person or absorb a portion or all of the mana of a person, as shown with Freya. The point is, never has he ever given himself a skill using that power, simply because he can't. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have time-manipulating powers. Because it was even stated by the wise priest looking-guy who was Freya’s henchmen or whatever that he was literally “creating something from nothing” and taking into consideration that his recovery (heal) power is to return a body to a past desired state, I’m thinking it does have to do with manipulating time but that doesn’t necessarily mean that he can give himself skills, because if he could, as Mana said, why wouldn’t he 😂, he’s a extremely intelligent guy (heck, the arena arc was a total W). Alchemy is the power he uses to manipulate matter, as shown with the pipe into the key transformation. And honestly, between manipulating matter and manipulating time I think the second one is more worthy to be a Hero's unique ability. But he can do both imo since I can't really understand how upgrade (heal) works other than yeah alternate universes and stuff.

tl;dr: He can either steal skills from others or work hard to obtain them himself, he can't give them himself (using Stimulation heal, Copy is to absorb levels and mana ig). His recovery (heal) is to return a body to a past desired state. Alchemy is him manipulating matter (pipe -> key) and between manipulating matter and time I think the 2nd is more worthy to be the a Hero's unique ability.

@NexusSenpai I would like to point out that the priest saying that it's like he is creating something from nothing is speculation on his part. To the priest, from his point of view, it looks like the healing ability creates new limbs and restores a person from nothing. That perception could equally be contributed to via an ability that manipulates matter. Air has the consitutan elements necessary to recreate an arm or leg if the matter was rearranged or altered. There is plenty of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and other elements in the atmosphere that could be used to recreate a carbon based lifeform. And even if he were lacking some element he could easily just form that element from parts of other elements.

I don't think saying a time manipulation ability is a worthy hero ability is even a merit. There are plenty of heroes throughout manga and comics that have matter manipulation abilities. As well as ones with time manipulation abilities. To say one is more worthy than another seems weird to me. And it's not like time manipulation is a unique ability anyway. I would argue that a character with matter manipulation is much more niche, despite there being prominent characters with the ability, than time manipulation is.

And as I said the other guy. Matter manipulation explains his abilities a lot better than time manipulation abilities. Through the fact that if he could manipulate time he would have so much more freedom to do what he wants than what we've seen. If the argument was that he was manipulating time then he would have just been able to give himself max stats from the start, or provide situations where he could produce the best outcome every time. He wouldn't have to worry about being poisoned or drugged because he could just alter his timeline to have experienced the effects of any drugs and have complete immunity over all drugs and poisons. But he has shown that he doesn't have anything like this despite having the ability to alter what people look like. It would be extremely weird if he could alter someone's timeline to such a degree that he can alter the way they look like but be unable to alter their timeline to be immune to poisons and drugs. Or alter them to a point where they were never poisoned/drugged. He has shown that he needs to create antidotes and such. This is why to me it seems much more like it is a matter manipulation ability. He can't just alter someone to be cured when he doesn't know what the state of cured would look like. He needs a basis for recreating a state. Reforming limbs would be much easier to do, if he is comparing it to other people's structure and their remaining limbs as a basis. But it's much harder for him to cure diseases and viruses in a person because he'd need to know what the virus/disease is to remove it.

Matter manipulation just covers all bases compared to time manipulation or a combination of the two. Which would be weird also because the story pretty much confirms each person only has one ability. Unless they are bestowed an additional one by dragons and other mythical creatures.

shouldnt the heroes be able to identify what that light is and easily realize that it was the doing of the Healer hero? they should be rushing towards that location

Dex-chan lover
"to heal this world."

Like... there's scraps, pieces of a story that I can actually take seriously, and motivations I can cheer the MC for, but the garbage that is the stuff I don't like just seeps through the whole thing

Not gonna lie was kinda blue balled when it became a ring. Was really hoping for it to be a kick-ass gauntlet. Oh well.

Should have asked for some cloacking device that completely hides his prescence from anyone

@crimsonxxmana that’s the thing.. he CAN give himself op ability’s and it's shown in a fight in the light novel

as for everything else your the better biologist so I’ll just take everything you said with a grain of salt and leave it at that, sounds good?

@NexusSenpai Yes. He has shown that he can give himself abilities. Nobody was arguing that he hasn't made himself strong by his abilities. But what the argument for time manipulation abilities was, was that he could alter his/peoples timeline to give his desired outcome. And the major detraction from that idea is that he wouldn't be as constricted as we have currently seen him be. If he could alter timelines like the other person was saying he would already be the strongest character from the very start. Without having to try. Because he could just changed his stats to be maxed. He would also be immune from poison and drugs. But we see he hasn't done either of these things. And we see he needs to build up to an immunity to poisons and drugs. And needs to understand their construction to cure others. He wouldn't need that for time manipulation. He can't just alter his timeline to be at a point in time where he is already cured of a drug or poison.

You can take it with a grain of salt if you want but time manipulation does not make sense given several situations in the story.

to heal the world
and make it a better place
for you and me and the entire of human race

Users who are viewing this thread