Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - 25th Mystery: The Little Girl in Red 8

Dex-chan lover
@Yanagi I am not 100% sure but in the begining of the scan meme they showed a image of a bag full of boiled wet eggs offered by Morrisons

@xyzzy well in latinamerica there was the story of the man of the bag that would kidnap you if you misbeheave or in christmass in northern europe there's the story of Krampus who beat your ass if you were a bad kid so is not that uncomon to use horror stories to traumatize and make children do what you want hell little red ridding hood was born that so girls didnt wander alone in the forest

Fed-Kun's army
Man this sure is a complicated weave of folklore. It doesn't help that its exclusively japanese folklore. I didn't even know Hanako was a girl in red. I just know her as the girl in the toilet.

Dex-chan lover
Is not that she didn't eat her eggs, she couldn't eat eggs because there were no eggs memes to consume!

@versub She's most often depicted as wearing a white shirt and a bright red skirt, but I didn't realize that it was, like, part of the legend. Maybe it's just so common in Japan that it's the first thing they think of when they hear about a little girl in red, the way a westerner might think of Death when they see a farmer's scythe.

I gotta say, the effect of her melting was incredibly well drawn.

Dex-chan lover
Clever merging of myths. Anyway, it's unfortunate that manga is mostly black and white when color sometimes becomes important for the story. Hanako is indeed often portrayed in red. Thanks for the translations!!! 👧👧👧

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanako-san

Is it bad that I find the eggs meme more annoying than Rapeman's ones?

Double-page supporter
damn bruh i thought we were gonna get an explanation on why 100 marks wards off hanako in the end notes but ig its just egg memes

Users who are viewing this thread