Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.1 - Battle of Mines

@lionfromnorth

you're being picky. He probably doesn't use those spells, so there's no reason for him to remember it, even more so considering his personality. It's like expecting all MMORPG players to remember every and each spell CD from all classes. There's some people that will be able to do it as if were natural for them, and there's people that won't even bother trying to.

Contributor
@lionfromnorth Poster @CountrMage is correct, the MC is keeping track of 100 (+1) chants, meaning their over-all casting time, which solider is casting which spell, and how long till the specific soldier finishes his chant in comparison to the other ones casting the same spell as indicated by the connecting lines in his mental visualization of their positions.

w12.png

wow, hero material indeed but i prefer him make a harem with the demons though.

Dex-chan lover
@darasu Except against an another sorceror, knowing the chanting durations for spells would be the line between life and death.

@jreadingmanga
@HDMI1

My initial statement was, "A sorceror who doesn't know the chant duration for a few spells? This is ridiculous."

The sorceror had said, "Even I can only remember the chants I'm good at." It's a ridiculous line, that's the objection.

The MC being able to count 100+ chanting durations at the same time doesn't even matter, it's a silly red herring. The problem was putting a character who can't even remember a few numbers related to his job which he had probably used every day for years. That is ridiculous.

Dex-chan lover
I like that there is a lot of consistency and build up in MC's ability to analyze and utilize. Although he is obviously gifted, it's not just dumb luck that things work out.

Dex-chan lover
@lionfromnorth look, there's this thing called incompetency, even in real life there's a lot of incompetent bunch of people who sucks at their job and seemingly knows nothing on what they should've known. This guy got his position not because of his skills but because he's bootlicking the main villain boss, then he abuses his position, does someone corrupt like him being incompetent that ridiculous?

@lionfromnorth
You can chalk it up to incompetent organization of the cadres. As they shown in previous chapter, organization order went to hell (haha) for demon army. That means ambitious but moronic people get in charge. America should be familiar with issue.

But man, awesome fight. This is how fights of "though to be weak but actually strongest from his race" characters should be written, not like those ctappy isekai people.

Dex-chan lover
Good job this chapter. Any chance of redoing some of the earlier chapters? Some of them had really wonky translations/editing

Dex-chan lover
Was expecting the classic, "100 thugs surround the hero and end up mostly killing each other with the cross fire". But nope, completely different direction. He's just going to run around and knock 100 dudes in plate armour in less than half a minute. That guy is pushing the "shonen MC doesn't kill people" trope pretty far.

@Koizu

Some corrections if I may ?

- page 2 panel 3 : "this clothes" seems weird, should be "this cloth" or "these clothes" I think ?
- page 4 panel 3 : "digging a holes" should be "digging holes"
- page 7 panel 1 : "I'll to fight you" should be "I'll too fight you"
- page 8 panel 2 : should it be "soldier's code" ?
- page 11 panel 2 : "theres" should be "there's"
- page 17 panel 4 : "your" should be "you're"

Dex-chan lover
Now that's what I call a good battle scene.
*glares at a certain slave merchant MC from a distance*

Double-page supporter
Now this is justified, those soldiers is decent....
So its within reason not killing them

Unlike other MC refusing killing mobs even though they are rotten...

Users who are viewing this thread