Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 7.2 - The Adventurer in the Neighborhood

Group Leader
So basically it was a pissing contest between the FBI and Local Police.

hmmm now i wonder why her boobs looks oily, is it sunblock or something else?

@Doomer, the father probably reported the case to the town's guild. And those adventurers came here and wanted to see that glorious man who killed the snake. But when they saw merely two D-rank adventurers here they thought that all of it is just rumors. And though there is totally changed Dariel's words where he admits killing the monster and how he barely managed it, a crowd still too quickly believed him. In the novel, there is a bit more questioning before the crowd takes on his words.

Dex-chan lover
Definitely thought more people would think he's lying. But we still have time for the bad guy adventurer to decide "no, I don't believe him!" and go through with the trope where he attacks the MC to prove it and gets obliterated.

well... at least it wasnt a pointless duel or test or somthing.

but it was pretty dumb

Dex-chan lover
Is there a name for a trope like this? I swear there are so many Manga that have the "What?! I can't believe the op mc is just x rank, let's have a duel / debate where I will certainly lose"

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 its not illogical, other than the case of an OP MC, usually its takes time to build up strength and abilities, by then, you’ll also have a reputation. Our MC came from the demons and thus doesnt have a reputation what so ever, there’d be more issues if people just believe anything some random guy said, this become longer than i thought it would

@musicfreak12
What I think is most questionable is the fact that, despite clearly demonstrating super strength/abilities (if there even is a test), most manga put the mc at the lowest rank (or sometimes the rank above lowest).

"What's this? You roflstomped our A-rank fight testers, blew up our super anti-magic test dummies with a level 1 firebolt, carried in the corpse of a dragon you killed for breakfast, and Vegeta'd our punch machine? Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild! You'll be starting at F-rank, the lowest rank. Now get out there and fight the obligatory loudmouth C rank who will challenge you right off the bat with little to no provocation because you're F-rank (even though you're basically as strong as an SSS-rank)."

@Kuri_Something
Even if the MC came from the demons with no reputation, he still demonstrated being basically max proficiency with all 4 aura types. He did it once he could probably do it again if the word of the mayor/guild master isn't enough.

Aggregator gang
The fact is that almost every ranking system for adventurers in WN/LN/manga fails to adequately do its job.
I've only seen one series, which one I forget, that did the reasonably intelligent option of adventurers having separate ranks for combat ability and quest completion. While not being perfect, that at least gives people a decent idea of whether an adventurer can do the job and whether or not he's actually going to do the work.

Dex-chan lover
@SoMaKa
He'll marry her and have a baby boy with her by WN Chp 31 (story has a 1 year timeskip). Currently manga has covered up to Chp 18. WN is still ongoing at 282 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@Crazyperson117 yeah, exactly, I'm about to mention the aura thingy too to @Kuri_Something

Isn't the Aura test an official test? The tester is the guild master too, which obviously should have a connection to the other guild master, if even he (Who apparently is the best guild master) get so pissed at him and actually tries to kill him and got roflstomped, isn't he going to report that to literally every other guild master?

And also, why the hell did he put him on f rank too when the MC begin, he takes out the snek demon from before, which is apparently a very hard boss even for B rank, doesn't that mean he is stronger than B rank = He should be promoted to A rank after defeating the snek?

Somehow that happen on so many Manga that have guild system, there should be a name for that trope

Power Uploader
@KidLinch I think I should tell you... Hey... Even though waifu2x is good and all... But, If your Original raws are good enough (1114x1600 is good you know?) Then you shouldn't upscale them for no reason... What's the purpose of making them 2228x3200... Plz don't upscale them... Even seiga.nicovideo.com has them in 1114x1600...

Unnecessary upscaling will result in loss of fine details and also high loading time to load the images... No need for that.

Users who are viewing this thread