Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.1 - The mythril negotiations

Dex-chan lover
My prediction: watch the two races get close and closer while the dumbass fire demon tries to fuck things up on his side and that adventurer and other humans try to fuck up the other side so they keep being enemies. Then a third race will come up and they will have to fight together (it would be hillarious if it was like 'angels' KEKW), then peace and end of story. MC will not have any ara ara meantime Im sure LuL

Dex-chan lover
Wait so they are just going to let that guy off the hook after swinging his sword during negotiations?? No repercussions?? Just gotten reprimanded about his position. wat

Dex-chan lover
@rarelambo21 it would only be a spoiler if I knew what would happen and posted it, Im just giving my prediction based off my opinion on what was shown until now and knowing its a light hearted story. I could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off (and probably am).

Dex-chan lover
@deviatesfish pretty bad analogy considering that the Nazis saw nuclear physics as "jewish science", had expelled all their own scientists who were of Jewish descent that ended up working for the US, and the remaining ones werent even sure if it were evem possible.

Dex-chan lover
@gregger except bashubutts emptied the entire demon kings supply of mythril for his nuke bomb, magic edition weapon that the demon king implicitly then explicitly said to stop.

Daryl might not know this but Rizzeto couldve told him the full situation, that there's not even mythril to make magic lights for the Demon King's banquet.

It's also implied that it's not possible to just dismantle buttheadbaza bomb to get the mythril he already used, otherwise the Demon King at the leadt wouldve mentioned it in his reprimand of shithead asshole lanza.

So at the very least selling the mythril to the demons isnt going to put them on a war footing beyond what they already have, and since mythril seems like it has uses beyond just war (they remind me of copper wiring) the demons are going to have a domestic need to fill first before military, unless asshole buttsalot steps in and diverts them again and causes unrest in the rest of the demon king army, again.

Anyway it's totally possible to just handwave this ad the right thing to do, theres enough background to lead to this assumption.

Dex-chan lover
@gregger yeah, I was just responding to something being "unrealistic" when it actually does happen in reality. My comment getting removed for just citing facts although not intended to be political whatsoever is kinda sad to see
And i did say it was "romanticized" since it the entire ordeal got wrapped up in like 2 pages. Apart from something like this taking months in reality, it was refreshing to see that these people actually have some sort of value system rather than just being plain racist and xenophobic in isekai terms (demons >< humans)

The humans actually agreed to this? Sure you'd postpone that large brutal war, only to face a mighty mythril-rich and equipped Demon Army later, which may completely annihilate you, unless you put the money they're exchanging to good use. Both sides use the same currency apparently.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
MC is very idealistic, but it's good prevented a war breaking out for the moment. But his plan is only good as a stopgap measure as that musclebrained Fire King and others like him on both sides won't be satisfied until the other side is completely wiped out thinking that they are in the right and any opposition is treason along with the ends justifying and and all means. As for the Earth King I wonder why she's so interested in MC along with what she meant by "helped her walk under the moon" a few chapters ago when was pointing out how things were terrible because fired MC. Wonder if Wind King has learned any better or just as foolishly prideful as the Fire King but has at least some sense to think things through.

Btw, I bet that arrogant B rank adventurer who screwed up the Blaze Cobra mission isn't going to reflect on anything and somehow cause a lot trouble. Just guessing but he'll probably get some fellow adventurers who are obsessed with killing demons to ambush MC or squeal to some authority figures like the King who'll feel that working with the Knockers or trading with demons are crimes against humanity while also considering how to seize control of the mine for their own benefits.

@artdeer The Demon Lord wants the mithril more to save face. As for strengthening the demons they'll only be getting some of the mithril while the humans will be getting most of it. Granted the plan isn't really great long term, but short term it'll prevent a war breaking out on the site for possession of the mine. Also, this way it'll help get humans and demons to be thinking more of co-operation rather than genocide.

Aggregator gang
The mc has traits that I like, but I don't like how he's soft. F.e. he should've beaten that b-rank adventurers ass right there on that moment when he attacked without a reason on a place where it was clear both sides were there on peaceful terms. The least that should've happened is that the b-rank should've lost his job as a security.

Fed-Kun's army
How does this guy simultaneously believe this Rank D killed the Blaze Cobra, but is inferior to him? Take one or the other. Either than Rank D lied about killing the Blaze Cobra or the he's worse than the Rank D.

Also, the official just takes it at face value that Dariel has a demon that he "deeply trusts"? Like what the fuck.

Supporter
@Chrona Well the MC mentioned a black market so it is possible that there are already people who sell to demons. He may have just figured MC was one of, or knew one of, these people. Also Dude has done multiple unbelievable things so it may be a matter of him just accepting it as one of those. Also a chance that there is an element of "disagreeing would be more trouble than it's worth" due to fear of getting on the Mc's bad side. Worst case he can probably spin it and put it on the MC's head.

Double-page supporter
Basically, let prevent the war by giving both side a weapon of war, what can go wrong?

Dex-chan lover
I'm ready to bet that the assholes from both parties will collaborate in order to prevent collaboration between human and demons (and in the end it will turn out that humans and demons are one single race)

Dex-chan lover
Humans and "Demons" are literally THE same species in this. They don't even look ethnically different.

@The5thSeraph maybe something with their lifespans is different, at the moment only difference is that Demon can materialize magic in diff spells and humans can clad themselves and their weapons in an aura

Users who are viewing this thread