Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life

Dex-chan lover
@ShionSinX Reason why we don't see this is because they breed preconceptions so fewer and somewhat more boarder tags are good if you want people to read a lot of different stuff.

@ShionSinX THat's no high magic, that's stupid magic. Magic is not an asspulled superpower. Take D&D for example even in forgotten realms, the only ones who use magic are mages(and divine casters of all kinds), there are an enormous amount of mages and magic everywhere but only mages actually USE magic. Having even peasants and lowborn use magic without training or special birth makes no sense. It's like being born and getting a degree in physics at the age of 3 just because... It's ridiculous, not even geniuses can do that.

@ShionSinX I see that you still consider bad implementation as being High Magic. All stories with said High Magic I've ever read, always transform Magic into a convenient tool with little to no logic and most of the times it also weakens magic altogether. Showing the limitation in the author's creativity.

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer dude, magic doesnt exists, theres no logic behind it because if there was it would exist. You have to accept it just exists on the setting and live with it, just like how monsters and fantastic races also come along more often than not with magic. If its common why the fuck wouldnt people use it as a tool?! Its like real life electricity, why make your life harder just by not using whats there?

@ShionSinX Logic works even on fiction and fantasy, Logic means that something is believable, not necessarily that is scientifically possible. From the moment you make magic common, you kill the need for magicians to exist, you make everyone capable of further developing that power, you create a chaotic world in which a random peasant may take control of everything just because he was born talented, and when this doesn't happen or at least a similar thing, if makes the world even less believable, because how can people respect the law if everyone has access to power? It's a trashy setting, poorly thought, and even worse developed, moreover it completely ignores the fact that not everyone has the same possibbilitiees in life. it doesn't make sense whatsoever. What is the point of magical creatures even existing in such a world? It extends to stories when you have armies of Dragon Hunters, as if Dragons were retards to never adapt themselves to counter human tactics when dragons themselves are as smart or sometimes, smarter than humans.
It's the same problem when you make fantastical creatures exist, but also make normal science work easily against them, and make magic an underwhelming power, It can only result in a pathetic product which only serves to weaken the main point of making these stories, which is to make Fantasy "exist". Carnival's Row shows exactly what I was talking about. Those faries are ridiculous, how can a being born from pure magic suffer wounds like a normal human, lack the power to even survive against any form of agression, need unarmored and only normally trained soldiers to save their ass... I can understand the point of these changes for the kind of story they want to make, but at the same time it kills all the fantasy aspects of the story, bringing instead a "real life"
kind of story.

I expect one thing... just one little thing, and they've been well-served up to this point...

YES!

"Big things are good"

such wise word...

One of the rare situations when russian translation is way better than english. Usually I read in english, because it's more coherent. This time bravo Parte lunam team.

Спасибо русским переводчикам за качественный перевод. На английскую версию без слёз не взглянешь.

Man, those first 3 chapters are rough to read. I wouldn't be surprised if everything was just slapped into google translate.

Dex-chan lover
The story is alright thus far, but the translation is so bad that it's genuinely on par with machine-translation of Chinese poetry.
Good going for releasing out TL out to the community, but it is just not fun to read. You should get an editor.

there is an editor now, starting in chapter 2.2. hopefully we can go back and edit previous chapters too.

Not terrible, but it's more due to a mildly interesting manga than anything. If this is proofreading and editing then I must be Oscar Wilde.

Dex-chan lover
The MC is not really more than likeable. He is just so basic. Typical Japanese isekai person, old man edition (even though he is not a Japanese).

Maybe I just don't like his overly submissive attitude? He should be a little more aggressive... Even if it's only in his monologue imo.

For sauce at the end of ch 3's credits, The doujin he's translating is "Otonoko Gari" by Himuro Shunsuke.
Ps: Good work on translating the manga, just needs some grammar work here and there. A proofreader would help. Otherwise keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread