Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life

I'll need to look at the raw, because I think there were some translation issues.

When wIlL manga / light novel authors realize that romance based on a knight saving a damsel is one of the shitiest and shallowest way to do romance, this applies to fantasy authors too, love at the first sight is nothing but infatuation and lust. But then again the standard of these authors is already low, it’s dissapointing.

Group Leader
@tizz

It's also one of the oldest tropes in romance that has literally existed as long as civilization, and is probably the number one trope in romance novels. So it's not exactly... unheard of.

Admittedly the English is rather off but other than that I can't say this is bad so far I'd say

"I'm his father" should be "her". "I'm sorry I haven't shown up yet" should probably be something along the lines "I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself yet". When the family invites Dariel into their home, it says "They are too cautious" which clearly is the opposite of what was intended and should be something like "They are too easy-going". Sorry, this is clearly a google translate, but if you're going to do that, it will only take you so far before you need to put in real effort.

Dex-chan lover
Very rough translation, could use some proofreading and checking, pronoun and term issues...
It's readable, but I really hope it'll improve. Concept is fine, and kind of refreshing since we've been getting mostly isekais.

Group Leader
Most likely this is MTL with the translator not having a full, and in some cases basic, understanding of English. A proof reader who is fluent in English would make it much better.

The community in whole would still appreciate the chapters in it's current state. I hope someone is moved enough to help out.

@TTX Ok? Your point?

@KiTA just because a trope has been recurring a lot in historical writing doesn’t make it any good. Take it as personal preference but I’d much rather if an author focused organically building up a chemistry between characters that would result in romantic interest rather than having characters instantly falling in love just because MC saves the girl. Like how can anyone call this love when the two characters don’t even know anything about each other.

I really, really want these authors to stop treating magic like it was a smartphone or something. Magic should be something that only a few people can ever hope to control, not something that every pedestrian out there can use as it they had the IQ and training to do it. It's always ridiculous when you see people discriminate aginst people who cannot use magic, when magic itself was never supposed to be useable(by just any idiot out there) in the first place.

Sooo, he's in fact the hero, but the demon king choose to take it under his wing ?

.........so anyone knows the fucking bastard is gonna some sort of a hero right?

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer there are many levels of magic settings, from 'inexistent' to 'even babies do it'. What you are saying is that you like low magic (like LotR?) but keep reading high magic settings and dont like it. Just stop reading high magic settings then.

Dex-chan lover
@ShionSinX really is a shame there is not a tag for it, but then again i guess people could just read the first chapter and decide from there? I think when people see fantasy, and they think LotR they get disappointed when it turns out to be high fantasy/magic

Dex-chan lover
@Whatever1337 agree. Even if there are many levels, just a 'low magic', 'common magic' and 'high magic' would somewhat help. On the first one few do it (because it requires some special event like on Radiant, a LOT of study or be born with it), the second would be when most people can do it if they study enough (tho it could be impossible for some still) and the last one would be where magic is very common so that anyone can do it with minimal effort and if you train/study hard you'd be like a god (an equivalent of BNHA I guess?).

Users who are viewing this thread