Kaikosareta Kyuutei Renkinjutsushi wa Henkyou de Dai Nouen wo Tsukuriageru - Sokoku wo Oidasareta kedo, Saikyou Ryouchi de Slow Life wo Ouka suru - V…

Dex-chan lover
I just have to ask. Why does the COURT alchemist looks like he's 12?
Anyway, thanks for the translation.
Malnutrition. Why do japanese people love curry? it's because the japanese navy adopted it because they needed a stable food that was nutritious to combat beriberi. They eat way too much rice over there, and it causes malnutrition.

I suspect it's why there is a cultural obession with cannibalism, like with isissei sagawa.

I suspect ninjas from the rice industry are now going to come after me for revealing this secert.

Dex-chan lover
Well, at least they didn't do some cartoonishly evil thing like try to execute him or strip him of everything/anything he had before firing him like most of these types of manga. Of course, their whole mindset of "need something? take it with force" is already evil enough and will bite them eventually.

Dex-chan lover
Ruling class probably wants to keep the population starved to prevent them from having the energy to rebel. Because those asshats know if the smallfolk weren't so starved they can barely move, they'd definitely start an uprising.

Dex-chan lover
MC should say - you can't fire me, I quit

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
I guess mangaka don't like older charas but i suppose a 'dandy gentleman' /older chara would be for a specific niche audience. He's not reincarnated/isekai but a lot are wish fulfillment to look younger i guess

i'm sure there's a handful of handsome gentleman butlers as mcs tho

Dex-chan lover
Ruling class probably wants to keep the population starved to prevent them from having the energy to rebel. Because those asshats know if the smallfolk weren't so starved they can barely move, they'd definitely start an uprising.

It's the opposite actually. The king personally asked him to help grow crops. It's his boss that's the warmonger.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Good thing the boss man isn't smart - crops were considerably profitable in the Middle Ages, and the naive alchemist's efforts would've helped the empire grow stronger and even more aggressive while the peasants would still go hungry.
Feel free to correct me!
Pg. 7: Investing 'human resources' sounds kind of off to me, since it's a modern business jargon term. I think it could be replaced by less anachronistic expressions, like 'manpower', 'workforce', or more generally 'effort'.
But it's only a minor pet peeve of mine in an otherwise solid work you did there.

Dex-chan lover
Id understand if you split a chapter cause the author did but this is half of a half chapter lol.

Dex-chan lover
A small flashback was shown in the chapter as food shortage was the problem. the lack of nutrients can lead to growth stunt.

Users who are viewing this thread