Kajiya de Hajimeru Isekai Slow Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Samia was dangerously defenseless on her current sleeping attire...

Also, this series, i think i like it.

To think MC will be the one who supplies weapons for anyone with skills, regardless of whom they were,
its exciting to see what impact he will make to those people in that world...

I wonder if the author actually realizes that the sharper a knife is for cutting the safer it is to use. Dull knives are one of the most dangerouss tools in the kitchen when cooking. This is a well-known fact for anyone who has cut things with a knife. The more force you apply to the knife to get it to cut, the bigger the chance it'll slip and you'll cut yourself or someone around you. -_- Annoying, but this kind of stupidity needs to happen because plot and pacifism.

@DizzyMiko My argument here is his "duller" knife already very sharp compare to that world standard. His sharp knife we are talking about is the one that can chop through the table if you are not careful. The abnormal level of sharpness can surprise people and possibly harm them... I have seen plenty of people point the knife toward themself while cutting :/

Dex-chan lover
Omg he's making those ultra thin and sharp knives that you see on shopping channels.

Double-page supporter
GUYS, her age was revealed in the Novel... She is
....5 years old.... im not kidding lol, she was born 5 years ago. They reach mating age at 4 years old.... How do we clasify this? legal loli is for over 100 years lolis... but we have the opposite here so Ilegal Woman?... CONFUSED!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
@Treyon in cat years 4 years old is pretty much adulthood, so maybe the author is basing it off that

CBC

Aggregator gang
...I really am not a fan of knowing as much about Blacksmithing as I do, because lord almighty, I'm having a really difficult time ignoring several glaring errors made by both the TL and Author. Thank goodness for Samia.

doesnt tempering the metal with water make it extremely brittle? but then again its a manga so it probably doesnt apply in here

damn that waifu is cute

@GH12QS
depends on the water, the metal and temp of your metal before quenching
normaly quenching in water produces maximum hardness as in stiffness
which can lead to cracking if the metal wasn't handled/formed properly
becoming brittle is something that mostly happens with ironbased alloys
if it shows signs of cracking/excess hardness the smith needs to temper it according to the metals its made of

but yeah should be brittle as hell among other things
correct me if im wrong but i think it normaly goes like :
heating(blasting) folding,heating(blast), "shaping" (repeat till satisfied) quenching, lower heating, air cooling, grinding, sharpening polishing
and the way he is "polishing" well thats called sharpening if he only did like that from start to finish even a knife may take hours

and i have been told actualy hammering hand and kitchen knives is a pain in the ass
you should cast them instead

but dont get me wrong im already happy that those knives didnt came with handle out of the furnace
or that he is metal working with multiple tools instead of using 1 hammer start to finish or using his blacksmithing and hammer to carpenter a couple of beds including matrasses

Users who are viewing this thread