Kajiya de Hajimeru Isekai Slow Life - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
I watched a youtube a long time ago explaining that joining broken pieces of the sword like what it was shown in LoTR movie is NOT how you actually "fix" a broken sword,
instead you need to cut it up, melt it, and forge a new sword,

I like that this follows that formula,
although he skipped the melting part, and went straight to forge-weld it
MC did say that joining like he is was only possible for a mithril sword.

Contributor
I like that Rike can "sort of" see the magical flow within the sword. It means she's not totally wasting her time trying to learn Enzo's techniques. That's something I was worried about since he's been reliant in part on cheat skills.

Dex-chan lover
y'know, why the sword broken into pieces like that? I could think of magical explanations but it's hard to think how it physically done.
IIRC
The elves were using the sword as the core of a barrier that protected their village, or something like that. The problem is, the village isn't on a magic leyline like Eizo's house is, so the magic in the sword slowly ran out, until it shattered from the shield being too much strain on it. So Lidy took the shards out into the world to find a smith that could reforge the blade and imbue it with magic again, and saw the rapier he made with a lot of magic in it, and so set out to find Eizo to fix the sword so they can get the barrier going again.

I might be off, it's been a bit since I read the LN.

Dex-chan lover
I just realized that the manga doesn't inclide the prologue and epilogue chaoters of the LN volumes where a person went to research about Eizo in the far future and various anecdotes of the side characters he helps in the current time. Would be fun to see how they are drawn.

Lidy's outfit from the LN illustrations was a bit confusing so... nice to see how it really is in the manga panels.
IIRC
The elves were using the sword as the core of a barrier that protected their village, or something like that. The problem is, the village isn't on a magic leyline like Eizo's house is, so the magic in the sword slowly ran out, until it shattered from the shield being too much strain on it. So Lidy took the shards out into the world to find a smith that could reforge the blade and imbue it with magic again, and saw the rapier he made with a lot of magic in it, and so set out to find Eizo to fix the sword so they can get the barrier going again.

I might be off, it's been a bit since I read the LN.
Not as a shield and not cause the sword was slowly losing magic but was used a magic battery and they basically overloaded it to cast a really powerful spell and it broke it apart. This will come into play to the story again... well a volume or so from now ig?

Dex-chan lover
Having read this on July 8th, I was hoping I was seeing a new chapter on Mangadex, nope.
a lot of the time some other TL groups like LHtranslations have their own site, and they release 1 or 2 chapters behind on manga dex.

Dex-chan lover
I watched a youtube a long time ago explaining that joining broken pieces of the sword like what it was shown in LoTR movie is NOT how you actually "fix" a broken sword,

in short, you actuaally not fixed it, instead just using the material to forge a new sword.

Dex-chan lover

You could braze iron and steel with silicone bronze, but that isn't going to be as strong as the original.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
Tags: Harem
Tags means nothing, there were times when "harem" was meant to represent a group interested in the same individual, not that said individual will have a proper harem. Not saying this is the case with this manga, which is sad

Double-page supporter
Rike seems like she is the only one that understands what is going on with the fact she is seen laughing at Eizo's confusion. The wives bit was the best as it is another thing to tease Samia with.

Never enough wholesome slice of life stories like this

Users who are viewing this thread