Kajiya de Hajimeru Isekai Slow Life - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
:meguu: ya'll covered lamia, let me cover new must collect waifu highlights.
image.png
image.png
image.png

Dex-chan lover
I really hope it doesn't go the harem route... who am I kidding? This is an isekai and it needs to have generic tropes

Dex-chan lover
I watched a youtube a long time ago explaining that joining broken pieces of the sword like what it was shown in LoTR movie is NOT how you actually "fix" a broken sword,
instead you need to cut it up, melt it, and forge a new sword,

I like that this follows that formula,
although he skipped the melting part, and went straight to forge-weld it
This is Man At Arms, right? That episode was amazing.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like Eizo first needed to reforge his face and will with two powerful slaps before starting to reforge the sword.

I've always been partial to the slender elf design, not the erofu design most Japanese fantasy seem to prefer. Originally, in Western modern fantasy, elves have been more like that, quick with their feet and a bow. A huge chest would even allegedly interfere with archery, which gave birth to the legend of Amazons cutting off one breast to help with it. Also being closer to the nature would seem to support the slender form.

Dex-chan lover
"It would be helpful if you could help."
Ah, yes, the floor is made out of floor. And cute pups are cute.

Come on, you're way past getting flustered over a girl getting "close". What are you, a teenage romcom protagonist?

Yeah, he's right. If you want to repair a steels word properly, you pretty much have to reforge it entirely. Otherwise it's never going to be as strong.

And he actually does reforge it. I must say, I quite enjoy the forging in this chapter. What he does is exactly the same process as folding steel.

Highlight: Samia attempting to formally introduce herself on page 3. She's doing her best!
Yep. Although I must say that the example she's imitating doesn't look particularly elegant. I blame the artist. Recently saw an image on Danbooru that was much better, 6367213.

Looks like someone is a dog person.
You don't need to be a dog person for that.

Elf girl knows what's really going on. "Waifus"
Yeah, it's just denial at this point.

I've always been partial to the slender elf design, not the erofu design most Japanese fantasy seem to prefer. Originally, in Western modern fantasy, elves have been more like that, quick with their feet and a bow. A huge chest would even allegedly interfere with archery, which gave birth to the legend of Amazons cutting off one breast to help with it. Also being closer to the nature would seem to support the slender form.
I think that exemplifies female character design in anime and manga. They're either slender or very curvy. There's little in between. Although this series isn't too bad about it.

Modern fantasy elves are usually more D&D derived than Tolkien derived. D&D made them more slender to make them weaker for game balance purposes (while retaining their bow preference, despite that being almost entirely dependent on strength). Tolkien elves are just stronger than humans.

Personally I'm more for the middle road approach. Speculating here, but living in the forests would probably mean a higher tendency towards high strength, compared to high endurance for living on open plains (like ancient humans). Traversal is harder, which requires more strength, and if you include climbing trees even more so. But still a high focus on mobility, so nothing too buff.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
this series is truly fun to read since unlike a lot of slow-life isekai, his cheat power won't allow him to just skip the progress and just instantly finish whatever he need to make.

Dex-chan lover
y'know, why the sword broken into pieces like that? I could think of magical explanations but it's hard to think how it physically done.

Dex-chan lover
y'know, why the sword broken into pieces like that? I could think of magical explanations but it's hard to think how it physically done.
I blame mithril. Metal tends to have single breaks, but they can shatter under certain conditions, like hardening without tempering, or extremely cold.

Dex-chan lover
I blame mithril. Metal tends to have single breaks, but they can shatter under certain conditions, like hardening without tempering, or extremely cold.
Extreme cold followed by a heavy impact seems the most likely cause to me.

Dex-chan lover
His one true love is swords.
Also him: makes his crafted creations so equally powerful that when clashed with another of his creations, it equals and balances out that it "forced"made the hero and demon lord backed off because of it -Ch.1, page 2-5

:lul:

Users who are viewing this thread