Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Past and Future

Dex-chan lover
Wow i don't even feel bad for his dad what a complete asshole hope he rots in hell

What a shitty father. If not for the mother I wish the father would die earlier. Asshole. He just wants a slave. He doesn't deserve to be called a father.

Too bad that kind of father is like everywhere in Asian countries. I saw it with my own eyes when I was in the 3rd grade of elementary school (9 years old). I had a naughty friend. I didn't remember what exactly he did wrong (but it's not like he fought or something - maybe he didn't do his homework too many times, tardy, and didn't listen to the teacher) but then his parents got called in by my homeroom teacher to school. His father suddenly appeared in the classroom, very angry. At that time, my friend was kinda being punished to stand in front of the class. However, his shitty father abruptly approached him, and even before my teacher explained anything to him, suddenly slapped the hell out of my friends face. He fell, bleeding all over his face since his tooth fell off because of being hit. Wtf. The whole classroom shooked and my teacher tried very hard for the father to stop hitting him. Dude, I mean, even if the kid is very naughty and honestly I hated him that time too because he kept annoying me and eating my lunch (lol, what a kid, maybe my mother's cooking is that good), he didn't deserve all that. He is also just a 9 y.o. kid. Wtf. At that time, I was super glad that my parents never hit me. Looking back at it now, that is an abuse. But parenting during my parents' generation is that bad. There is a huge gap between parents and children, in which children have to really respect parents (the exact opposite, nowadays parenting is often too lax so kids don't respect parents at all). My father often told me that when he was a child, my grandfather always wakes up sleepyhead kids by pouring water on their face. Hitting children is very common, often with the help of broomsticks or rattan rackets.

So that's the 'god's trial' the other gods were talking about? An unloving father in exchange for thicc strength?

Dex-chan lover
@Moth : The father didn't wanted a slave, he didn't asked anything to his son apart to not be a hindrance to him. Sure, he wasn't a loving father but he still brought money, shelter, and security to his family.

To everyone who wishes the dad bad things: remember that nobody's perfect. Some people are very bad at communication and social interaction and that maybe his father was doing his best to be what he considered to be "a dad", even if it was full of flaws...

@shouldsleep : teachers can be dumb and lazy as hell and will often side toward the one who appears at first glance to be the victim (because it's easier and most of the time it works). That's why often kids who pretend to be hurt to falsely blame someone will be more trusted than the victim who doesn't overdo his reaction.

@Clad95150 Yep, I was just exaggerating. But that type of father is terrible, prioritizing his status and saving his face, typical traditional East Asian culture. Traditional parenting style, father's job is only to create kids and bring money. When the kid harms his face, the only thing to do is to punish the kid or getting rid of him from the family registry. I heard it happens a few times too in my region. Some boys (well, technically they are adult) were found guilty of stealing or being a junkie, the very proud father disowned them just like that.

@Clad95150 yah, i don't understand why people hating. His dad should had beat his son's ass even harder for standing up against the bullies. smfh, people just can't understand what a father goes through. The MC should have known violence is not a good thing, but it is okay for the father to do it. The father may be flawed, but he brings money, shelter, and security to his family, so his action is excused. I agree with you to the fullest. People who do not agree just need to open their minds. 😎

Double-page supporter
Good ole first come, first believed innocent.

Which is why you should always be first to report something your involved in when someone else can lie and get you in trouble

Dex-chan lover
muh feels

muh fragile feels T^T

and i can somewhat relate too since my dad's a bit of an ass at being a dad

Dex-chan lover
Bad dad, good boy, same sentiment as everyone else.

Uh...yeah. I want more adventure with the daughter of the family.

I had only read the novel before the revised version came out, but his back story was very different. Although it was much more vague, it was implied that his life was much more harsh and difficult, rather than the sad back story in this chapter. The difficulties of his past life were supposed to be what gave him some of his high stats, such as poison resistance. This chapter gave a somewhat normal life, though it's still pretty bad.

XL

Dex-chan lover
Loli: Your mine!!
MC: Oh shit FBI no... oh wait there's no FBI here *evil laugh*

ea8.png

Aggregator gang
@siscon

To be fair, the god of Earth would be super desensitized to the stuff that happened to MC. Forced to watch/know of all the inhuman shit that humans do since the beginning of humanity......

Thank you thank you thank you thank you for not forgetting and for translating this! This one of my top 5 favorite isekai mangas and hate not getting my monthly fix! Also, the feels in this chapter hurt my kokoro.

Dex-chan lover
But that type of father is terrible, prioritizing his status and saving his face, typical traditional East Asian culture
@Moth
It didn't seem that way to me. It looks like the father doesn't actually care about that at all. A few pages show that he cares a lot more about his work than anything else, that when the MC started to train by himself, the father made himself very scarce. I don't think the father cares enough that he would think about disowning his own child for something so trivial for him. I think he was more angry about being called away from his workshop.

Rather than a bad father, he seems to be a dysfunctional human being in general. We could say that he did at least try to do father-like things.

Dex-chan lover
@jonsmth
Theres the possibility that there was a misunderstanding between father and son, from the looks of it, there was a change in the relationship when the father thought his son had used violence on others.

Users who are viewing this thread