Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The Adventurers' Guild

Dex-chan lover
So.. what happened with all the valuables he had taken from bandits? Why can't he use it? Wouldn't it be enough for his whole life?

Dex-chan lover
Even though the basement is horrible, reality is crueler than fiction sometimes.
https://youtu.be/vNW77pWCJxE

If this kid and the exterminator guy from the other isekai ot together they could run a really legit business.

Dex-chan lover
I really want Mc to fuck cat girl but we all know he prob gonna stay kid forever. Don't see him growing up at all (I don't read novel so don't spoil or do if he does fuck)

A blessing that prevents hangovers is nice but a blessing that prevents you getting drunk is more like a curse.

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm... I hope some incident or difficulties befalls our MC soon... Anything is fine... Otherwise the story just too plain and boring...

@Axelord

Now you made me curious, what's the problem with the bow?

I'm no bow-expert, but that seems like a relative believable recurve/composite/traditional mongolian bow.

The string does seem a bit weird, showing it as if it was "just" tied there, but otherwise it's not that much "fantasy-weapon" to me, but that doesn't mean there is no problem with it, I just don't know enough about them, even if I was shooting with a recurve a few years ago, that doesn't make me an "expert" on any level :D

The overpowered Isekai MC doing a test to join a guild but starting from the lowest level anyway is probably my most hated trope in the genre.
"Yeah, I'm the guild master and you just outperformed any other archer I've ever seen, now go clean houses for pennies."
I like the manga so I'll stick with it but there are more than a dozen I had to drop because of stuff like this.

Group Leader
Darn it, somebody beat me to it. I counted 51 targets on the ground too. Lets just attribute it them not cleaning the room properly beforehand...?

Dex-chan lover
@Nioni1991
Maybe it's more like you can get a buzz, but not really drunk. Otherwise the dwarves would probably already have invented a hundred ways of killing that god.

@Potkeny
Can't say anything about his bow, but his archery tho...
I wathched this video about a guy who tries to recreate the old archery technics ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk ) and what is drawn in this manga is like acid in my eyes now.

Supporter
@sgnm4872 just like to point out that there was target shooting back then and in a real battle archers wouldn't have been moving all that much. those "old archery technics" if they were actually used back then were extremely situational and for the most part are just trick shots.

EDIT:
also the guy is using a bow with a low draw weight this makes pulling it back require little force, however it will also cause the bow to have less range and force to penetrate armor compared to what would actually be used for battle. to give you an idea of how big the difference in draw weight was the bow used in the video is probably in the 30-40lb range. a medieval longbow would of had a draw weight of 90-110lb and mongolian bows were between 80-150lb.

so in short you wouldn't see archers running around doing speed shots in ancient times.

@sgnm4872

That guy is using so "low-pound" bows it's not "combat"-archery but "trick"-archery. Doesn't mean he's not good at that, it's just that those bows would be too weak even for hunting bigger animals, to say nothing about combat against humans in armor, which I more or less consider "needed" in a fantasy-combat situation (if you're fighting against orc, orgres, strong beasts, you will need more than just a bow which can hunt rabbits or birds). Example: http://www.bestrecurvebowguide.com/capabilities-of-different-draw-weights/ Didn't read the whole article, but at a quick glance it seems OK.

Yes, the archery in manga is almost always "fantasy", but with the "weak" bows they are using (relative to their strengths, superhuman/magic could use a "heavy bow" easily of course) I can overlook that, and say "MAGIC!" to the destruction anyway :D

(Example "rant" about speedshooting/trick-archery, and it even shows a bow similar to the one in the manga: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr_1z3GwxQk )

Edit: @burdrann was faster.. damn! :p

Users who are viewing this thread