Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko - Vol. 6 Ch. 30

Fed-Kun's army
I think the Saint did what was right.
She saved more lives than she herself could have done with her power.
Remember that disease and illnesses cause more deaths than war.

I don't think the lost of knowledge is her fault.
People became too used to the idea that there were no diseases which meant the knowledge wasn't seen as important.

It is like how most people right now don't know how to live in the wild since we don't have to.
Now, do we say the people who help create our modern civilization did a stupid thing? No. We appreciate it.
I don't want people to suffer just for them to think "Oh, maybe this knowledge is important after all"

MC: where did you go then

Kufo: oh you know the amazon, the Sahara, Atlantis...

MC: wait wha...

Kufo: forget you heard that

MC: no

@Siceraria
She was the cause of it. Though unintentional she caused the drop in medical knowledge. Someday the amount of disease will increase again, let's hope by then someone will be there to give medical knowledge.

Not being rude but that example doesn't apply to this situation. one is temporary the other is as long as people with enough knowledge and imagination.

Dex-chan lover
We heard from the goddess that the mental state affects by how young your body is.
Then an interesting question begins to linger on my mind...

How about the Isekai series like
1. Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to
2. Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja

Whereas the gender bender MC (male) comes to Female body...

So in the end, then will be completely feminine on the mind?
fufufufufufufu

MD@Home
@_xXIncognitoModeXx_ from tehw ay it was described it may be that the effect will get weaker over time so it wont suddenly end and boom, everyone has teh black plague.
It will probally be that desiese gets more "common" whereas its just returning to normal levels.

The ticking timebomb is the bad habits/traddition picked up over 400 years of no sickness becasue those are slow to change and would escasperbrate the normal level of desiese

Dex-chan lover
The saint is a type of person who say "murder is bad", a spoiled brat, and you don't call those amazing, they are retarded with their own ideology

Hou, so at least in this novel it was addressed that MC is affected by his age. Very unusual.

Dex-chan lover
I'm reminded of how the Greek gods were willing to forgive mankind for using fire if they made offerings of cooked meat.

@chucke1992
It's also my first time seeing it being mentioned in an isekai, but I always apply it to other isekais even if I know deep down it doesn't work like that for them

Fed-Kun's army
Amazing person? What??? That saint was a piece of shit who set the development of the world back, all because she wanted to be treated special.

CBC

Aggregator gang
@Siceraria
The entire point of gathering knowledge is that it is of some use to a community, otherwise it's useless and will eventually fade away through any number of means. That's just how its always been.

Now what she did, while full of good intentions and completely selfless on a level that I will never really understand, was also, ultimately useless and in some ways harmful to the inhabitants of that world, after all for 400 years, not only did they lose the knowledge that was painstakingly passed on to them by a previous reincarnator, but the bodies of those born after the miracle never had to deal with diseases, so if we take into account that we're looking at a life-expectancy of...say 50 years (and I'm being generous since there's no more disease, but wars, malnutrition, wildlife, murders, and the like are all things), that's 6-8 generations whose immune systems never had to deal with any pathogens.

This is before getting into the nitty gritties and starting to consider things like parasites or bacteria or fungi that are otherwise benign, but go crazy once introduced inside the human body, or allergic reactions, did the miracle do away with all those factors or enhanced the bodies of the world's inhabitants to the point that they are literally immune to all disease-causing pathogens?

There's a lot that goes into the behind the scenes of this miracle, all of them have several unpleasant implications, like destroying certain micro-scale ecologies or weakening the inhabitants' immune systems or damaging the rudimentary pathology that was just starting to gain momentum (leading to several key hygenic practices quite possibly falling by the wayside, because they are pointless). You also have to consider that without pathology or the inevitable study of microbes it would lead to, you have several things that would no longer happen, like mass production of fermented foodstuffs (or research into the prevention of such), a greater understanding of the make up of soil in agriculture, discovery of internal parasites and the treatments thereof (which has a knock-on effect into agriculture or vice-versa).

Edit:
Don't get me wrong though, to some degree I admire what she did, but honestly, her miracle would have been better served (perhaps could have ended up being permanent) if she had the knowledge to focus on one particular type of disease (STIs maybe?) or disease-causing pathogen (viruses in general?).

Aggregator gang
@Siceraria I don't understand why this people keeps saying what the saint did is bad and stupid she sacrifice her soul so its now lost and will never reincarnated ever again and she did not know that her wish will have a time limit she just wanted people to not get sick anymore and suffer she sacrifice herself for the benefit of others and it help and save people for hundreds of years and when her power disappear then its up to the people to start to relearn those medical knowledge.

Sainojin seems like a cool down to earth guy, he traveled the world and started a company to eat his favorite food and passed then his knowledge and legacy. I would read a manga about him.

@CBC

That's hard to say since its not like people are suddenly weaker against disease now, unless the 'plague demon' or whatever it was didn't use to be a deadly disease. They seem to get sick at the same rate they used to. So immune systems don't appear to be negatively affected, diseases also appear to be coming back the same as before somehow so its not like she killed every virus in the air for 400 years. It seems more like she killed the concept of 'illness' you could still get infected but even when your body failed to fight it off and it infected you the saints power then killed it off as if you had her come visit you and use healing magic to cure it. This way it seems like the only true negative was that medical knowledge wasn't preserved and even if she made some kind of plan for that, lets say she told them to preserve the books before she did so they still probably would have been lost over 400 years probably when people decide the saint's sacrifice really worked......she DIDN'T but it kinda seems like she did this fairly spur of the moment and emotionally and probably without telling anyone what she was trying to do aside from the gods......Imagine the poor bastards they had guarding the saint or whatever when she's just fucking gone one day and a massive wave of healing is shot out of the church simultaneously curing everyone.

@ghostt

That's a bald faced lie and I'm fairly sure you know it given its stated outright in the story. She wanted to be treated as special but she also wanted to help people, we don't get the backstory of either but considering the god of earth is a massive cunt there's a fairly high chance its due to poor treatment somehow on earth that she had both desires. She used her power to help people as much as she could, she healed as many people as she could, and yes she enjoyed the feeling of being desired, praised, and looked up to. And when she realized that she couldn't heal everyone due to time, distance, or just the need to keep her secret......and worse that the moment she was gone she couldn't even heal those she decided to give up that life of luxury and praise and instead use her VERY SOUL to cure as many people for as long as possible....at least herself believing that she had successfully wiped out illness forever and due to the sundering of her soul into that magic she would never know otherwise.

@MistLynx

No he has literally already aged in this world to the age of 11. What it means is his mind regressed back over time into an 11 year old, one with more knowledge and experience then he should have still but a child. He will continue to age like he has been and all previous reincarnators have. It'd be pretty fucking hard for there to be a heir to the saionji company if A. The original never aged. and B. He was stuck in a 7 year olds body the entire time. Ryouma is no different from them except in his choice of power none of which was immortality....And I sincerely doubt they'd allow such a wish..... though now I'm kinda wondering if they'd allow wishes like 'I want to be a dragon' or 'I'd like to be an elf'. All the reincarnators have been human and become human that we've seen so far, so I kinda wonder if they can be reincarnated into long lived species......I don't think this will ever get covered.

Fed-Kun's army
I always wonder that. Objectively speaking, a young brain works differently from an older one, especially someone as young as 11 and 16. There's all kinds of development happening and processes things much faster, while also being influenced by all the hormones that body develops. So, I always wondered, would you be the same person if you somehow went back to your younger self? Like, would you be more impulsive? Would you be more emotional? Would you be more stoic? Although your mind is technically as mature as your current adult age, your body itself will work like a developing teenager, so there are natural influences going on for your body's growth. So like, it would still be hard NOT to somehow act your body's age right?

Also, I like the story about the saint. Very good ethical dilemma. A person that selfishly became an actual saint for attention, but still had the altruistic sense in helping all who are in need. Although she regressed medical advancements, she also brought about FOUR centuries of little to no diseases. I think the problem isn't on her, but on the world's populace itself, for somehow not advancing on its own. It still remained medieval despite having 400 years without one of the most major adversaries in human advancements. Like, even if disease and illness is gone, the idea itself isn't, so why did research have to stop? Because it's not like you can predict when it might come back. It's much better to be proactive in preventing such major problems, and I wouldn't put it on the Saint for the lack thereof because nobody even knew she sacrificed herself. Remember, she couldn't tell anybody about her powers. I find it pretty cringe of people hard focusing on the cons and purely putting the blame on an altruistic character, all the while neglecting the complexity of the situation. It's cringe to think like that because you continue to enforce the idea that when something is not perfectly good, it's just bad, when clearly it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread