Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku

Oh my God this GOOD manga end. I like this manga, the story was so good and it show us good people in there. It's a fiction but feels so real, it really a slice of life manga. And sometimes i ever think that, if people in real world all like this. Sure this worldin a fucking peace

I was expecting people to cry along with because how beautiful the manga is but apparently the comments doesn't understand what the point of this manga is.

This manga is about coming of age story. That's all. It merely portrayed a more diverse cast which is fucking wonderful because there could never be enough stories that doesn't joke about or fetishized trans people. Also this isn't yuri, its real life. You don't go look at a lesbian couple in real life and yells out Yuri. That's disgusting.

It's unfortunate the tagging in this series are bad, making people think this is a trap manga or whatever when its a wholesome manga with diverse characters and self love.

aaaaaaaah the ending is so dkdndjjs;;; MY EYES ARE SWEATING
thank you so much for the translations 💓💓

lol went to the comments didn't expect there to be so many transphobic people here

Not the first manga that starts off with really strong LGBT issues and character concerns then the closer to the end it gets the further away it strays from it's initial premise.
I have a feeling most Japanese mangaka, try as they might, don't have the courage to drive their messages across strongly throughout the whole thing. Akira was really thrown by the wayside in this one.

I'm confused why people are calling hime trans we learn the identity issues she has stems from wanting akira to like her. Also goes back wearing her girl uniform at school. It doesnt seem she truly has an issue being treated like a girl or dressing like one.

I liked the story does feel rushed in the end like akira was searching for hime to have a conversation and just jumps to a time skip of them graduating and then another wedding.

I'm not sure if this story was axed but it would of been nice if there was some build up to them. Or at least had proper closure to himes love for akira.

As for akira not ending up with anyone think maybe hes asexual like the professor since he says he only wanted to like someone as a girl not that he really liked him.

10/10 my favorite manga to date. I felt connected to every character and the ending was so satisfying. I believe it deserves a better rating.

Another manga with a promising premise and flop at the end. Sidelined our main trans character, dang I don't care about Hime at the first place. And some how the story end up just about her :|. Answer some of the most important questions with lazy and convenient plot device. One of the "feel-good" LGBTQ+ manga without gut to even address the questions it lay out at the beginning. Please don't waste your time and read it, go read Dusk at Dawn or something

Banned
This manga concluded huh?

I read a few chapters in back then when it was sorta new and it just wasn't for me.

So I take it it was shit judging from the comments? (From certain individuals)

main "girl" got sidelined and forced into background.

Aw shucks thats just too bad.

Group Leader
This was so damn fantastic. Easily one of my favorite manga now. Excited to see more from this creator in the future.

8/10

KanoBoku explores a different aspect of what you would normally expect to come out of an LGBT gayngst manga. Instead of focusing on the main aspects of how being trans affects Akira, the series rather focuses on how people react to her. Of course, there are the obvious LGBT tropes of being bullied for being different, but there are also more nuanced topics that the series touches upon.
The most nuanced is most likely in Hime's arc of self-acceptance and her attraction to Akira.

This series does a really good job of clarifying the difference between being trans like Akira and being a crossdresser. Compared to many other series this is really well done as most manga, even "crossdressing" manga will always go right up to the line of someone passing as a girl, using female pronouns, etc but will never cross that border. KanoBoku and Fukaboku are two of the series that actually just aren't afraid of going against social norms and that is very appealing in a story.

Like all LGBT+ filled casts some characters' do feel a bit shoehorned in. The greatest example in this series is the teacher, as there wasn't much of a point to it besides there just being an ace character.

From a real-world perspective, I feel like this series is trying to do something really good, but was pretty surface level. For example, portraying a trans character in such a way can be somewhat realistic but at the same time for the normies, it can make them react in disgust due to Akira evidently not really striving to pass
arguably even when she is grown up in ch50

Even though the story does include a trans character it also contains characters, including the main character, who go through a bit of a gender identity crisis only to desist or realize they don't really feel that way. This sort of reinforces the idea that people who may experience this stuff may not be feeling it for the right reasons. It rather informs people to question and try to talk someone out of it rather than supporting them. I do acknowledge that this is just a story and these are arcs that the characters went through, though people will take some things out of stories and I worry that this may reinforce these harmful views.

This was beautiful. It ended exactly how I wanted it to end, they got a happy ending yay! I'm so happy right now <3

I really loved this manga. It isn't perfect and I wished it were longer, but each and every character was very human and I could relate to many parts of them somehow, especially Hime. By the way, of course the focus is going to be on Hime and her relationships; she IS the main character after all.

This is fucking amazing and I don’t know why some people deny it. Yes I’m aware that discrimination exists. But this is the 21st century. GET YOUR FUCKING HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND APPRECIATE A MASTERPIECE ABOUT ISSUES WITH SELF-ACCEPTANCE AND DISCRIMINATION TOWARDS THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY. At this point in time. I don’t know what I identify as sexually, because I’m closer to the
teacher
than anything, in that I feel nothing romantic for anybody. But that doesn’t mean you’re ace, just as having a male or female body doesn’t mean that you feel like you fit your skin. I’m a female who doesn’t care about appearance, mainly due to how I’ve been raised, and how my brain is wired. But that doesn’t mean other people don’t. Females may not like being called cute. Males may identify with more feminine things. It tells you a lot about society in that “a girl can’t play with G.I.Joes because they’re action figures, and action figures are for boys”. I get that society is largely based on gender roles, but this is the time for us younger generations, the people who are soon going to be adults and in power, to change the world for the better. No matter how much time we have left before this earth possibly ceases to exist, I would be happy to know that I spent my life making the future generations’ lives have even a fraction less heartache due to discrimination. Remember the Golden Rule. I’m white, so I often take things for granted and have “White privilege”. But that doesn’t mean that all whites are equal. Just like in any other place, there is discrimination in white society, depending on your income, social status, how you look, your upbringing, your actions. Discrimination is not solely based on the minority of the world. I don’t like being shamed for having a larger body shape than others. And this happens anywhere. If I can empathize with being discriminated against for my “fatness”, I can empathize with anything, as the feelings resulting from discrimination are largely the same. Don’t be the person that intentionally scars another for life. Treat others how you would like to be treated. Take some notes from this manga, and make your’s, and others’, lives better with your actions. this has been my Ted Talk. I apologize for rambling, but I needed to get this off my chest somewhere or somehow, and I hope someone who has issues with accepting others as people other than as blobs of flesh reads this and has some epiphanies. If you’re not one of those people, I hope you understand what I’m talking about in my capacity to explain my thoughts on the subject, and take care of yourselves with the same amount of love you give to your favorite things in life. I have issues with self-worth, so I understand. If anyone who reads this wants to seriously talk, not to shit-talk me due to my beliefs and feelings, but actually wants to talk and figure things out with the help of a possibly overly emotional and empathetic soul, my Discord id is xXTheWolfObsessorXx#8396

I have to give it up to Takase Umi who wrote this. People might say this was shit (which is something that confuses me, but you do you) or it was a masterpiece, or even in between, I just want to say I enjoyed reading this. This manga isn't centered on only trans people, it didn't only focus solely on Hime, it was essentially a coming of age of each and every character involved. It showed reactions of others, them growing into better people, and teaches people to be more understanding. I'm figuring out who I am sexually, romantically, and who I am as a person.

I rated this manga 10/10, even though technically speaking I would have rated it 8/10.
It wasn't perfect and some things could be changed, but overall it insightful. It really touched my heart so that is why I rated it how I rated it.

Again, lovely manga, 10/10 would read again.

Very nice manga! Tho I would have loved if transitioning would have been a topic, but I can get why it wasnt. Very happy with the ending as I think it fits a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread