Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 16 Ch. 138 - The Girlfriend and the Last Scene (Part 7)

Double-page supporter
@KamiKira00 don't forget she kind of forced the relationship in the first place. she gets to date him in return for keeping the fact mizuhara is a fake girlfriend a secret.

she sure is dedicated though even as pushy as she is and the mc just treats her like a background character.

and who would've thought that mizuhara would name drop mami of all people.

This manga could exceed 300 chapters easily and the MC will still be simping around like a monkey

She wants to be ignored a hundred times harder? Lol, I didn't know she was into that sort of thing.

I think it's kinda sad that in the end, MC will date Mizuhara and leave best girls behind. I'm rooting for Ruka or Mami, but it's clear who will be his gf in the end and until they date, will take a lot of chapters, more than 50 probably. So we will have this simpness for a long time

love is not about best girl.

it's pretty subjective matter, stop forcing someone to love a girl you like.

I had dropped it at chap 100 or something, came back to see if mc had grown some balls already but he didn't.

to be fair, this manga does portray the beta cuck mentality much better than other mangas. In a sense looking at mc is like looking at myself 15 years ago. I can relate a lot more than I should.
I hope he doesn't get the girl, I hope his soul gets crushed so that it becomes a warning for young readers

This guy can't even be considered creepy at this point, he's just F deranged

Dex-chan lover
Did they just fucking write of Mami like that? She found a guy and that's it? I really fucking hope not

While it is true that you can hardly be forced to love someone, and that the opposite is also true, there is a point where it just becomes... forced, in a story, ironically enough. Ruka honestly might have ended up with Kazuya far sooner than the story has gone, if not for Deus Ex Machina/chance events/etc, such as seeing a blonde girl walk by through the window and immediately thinking "Oh, hey, Mami".

Ruka is the sort of person you'd just naturally fall in love with over time, at least in Kazuya's place, as he is shown to react to her actions as is. While he does remark how he can't just come to like her, you'd be surprised what one or two weeks of spending time with someone would do. It's honestly rather sad that, despite it being the deal, he never truly gave her a chance -instead he'd just put up with her like some needy dog while he chased after Mizuhara, which is a damn shame, all things considered. Even if he didn't end up falling in love, it'd have at least made for more compelling reading than what we actually did get, what with however many chapters of nothing we got, all of which got capped off with plot suddenly enabling fast travel just to slap down Ruka's confession in front of Kazuya's family.

Similarly, where the hell is Mami? She may not really be a love intrest, but she is still a vital spice that this rather flavorless series could really benefit from. As it stands now, she'll only reappear at or near the absolute end, revealing to everyone that "she was a rental girlfriend, all along!", but ...like, that would not only suck ass, but it would also be a discredit to her. Her appearances, while brief, tended to add some serious, tangible tension to whatever scene was going on. It was as if she walked in with a gun and gave everyone an offer they couldn't refuse -hell, we don't even know her backstory, or at the very least the specific reason she is the way she is.

Sumi, she's best girl. Not best waifu, but best girl, largely because she would totally come to accept that she wasn't chosen by the MC and remain a good friend of his (even if only after a brief period of time to get over it). Her appearances are something of an opposite to Mami's, but instead of a gun and a vaguely threatening 'offer', she comes with soothing presence and just the sort of emotional support Kazuya needs in order to stop being a massive bitch for at least the next four chapters. Six if we're lucky. There should be more of her, honestly.

Kibe gets too little screentime, he's Kazuya's main bro. Sure, he's not a main character, but he appears once every, what, 50 chapters? Rather, he has a presence once every 50 chapters, it's nonsensical. His is a voice of reason, though he, due to not being privy to the truth of the situation, often misunderstands what Kazuya is actually doing. This could be interesting, like how it was during the beach chapters, but, nah, let's just bring him up once so that Mami can know where he works. Except out of all of Kazuya's friends, Kibe is likely the least willing to divulge that information, as he was the only one to actually see past her facade (if only partly) and realize what she was really doing back on the beach. If anyone would distrust Mami, it'd be him.

Lastly, the fish. For obvious reasons.

The MC overthink almost everything it's ridiculous heck he's beyond what's to be called realistic, he's a deranged dimwit, the MC's demeanor is ludicrous and it's making me go nuts but I'm still going to read this manga anyway cuz fuck it

aaaand we are back into the dumpsterfire, dragged very forcefully by fucking Ruka

Dex-chan lover
@mrboko1234

At this point, I just want it to be over with them being honest and parting ways- it was going nicely for the last few dozens of chapters and I suppose we're at the height of the story already.

@adumin

can never be more true... tho I may argue with the subjectivity of being best girl too.

Fed-Kun's army
I’m two chapters in after a 2 month break and the cringe is already killing me again.

Users who are viewing this thread